Question About Retrofits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am considering retrofitting my headlights with projectors. Does it really matter what kind of projectors are used? Are the cheap ones as good as the more expensive ones?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you get what you pay for on these..... you may luck out and have good luck with some cheap ones, but chances are you'll have headaches with them as opposed to going with the expensive stuff

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If you have quads buy an h11 harness. Duals-h13. Harness included in package.

OP
OP
Ceace

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. I have the headlights with the single bulb. That is quad, right?

hawg44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thank you sir. now some advise on what yall recommend to get to replace my lights. im wanting to get some black ones but unsure whats the best and easy to install. thanks in advance

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some more dumb questions.

I have the duals with projector headlights.

- Do I need the HID projectors or will I be fine with my current projectors? Essentially, what's the benefit to HID projectors over halogen projectors?
- What kit do I buy to get HIDs for both highs and lows?
- Are there separate bulbs for highs and lows?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. I've never done HIDs, but these headlights suck.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
thank you sir. now some advise on what yall recommend to get to replace my lights. im wanting to get some black ones but unsure whats the best and easy to install. thanks in advance

if your opening them to put projectors in paint them and any questions about wiring ask jj here or call matt at retro

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Some more dumb questions.

I have the duals with projector headlights.

- Do I need the HID projectors or will I be fine with my current projectors? Essentially, what's the benefit to HID projectors over halogen projectors?
- What kit do I buy to get HIDs for both highs and lows?
- Are there separate bulbs for highs and lows?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. I've never done HIDs, but these headlights suck.

you can just get a kit but id recommend changing the projector most stock projectors are crap

OP
OP
Ceace

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are thinKing of replacing the entire headlights, the procedure of removing them is easy. Just have to remove the grill, remove the screws visible holding the headlights, and then reaching behind the lights through the fender guard access panel and pulling up the clip holding them in. The clip is something i definitely would not have known about until I read about it on here.