Question on Replacing Serpentine Belts on 6.4 Dual Alternator.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My truck is coming up on 6 years old and just over 60,000 and I'm going to be doing a front to back fluid and filter change on my truck. I was thinking about swapping the engine belts out as well and keeping the old ones for spares. I'm going to be doing some off grid overlanding and want the piece of mind of new belts and also having spares with me.

Anyway, I went to the dealer and they had to special order the small belt for the second alternator because it wasn't in stock. Today I go to get it and in the bag with the belt is some string and these metal loop looking things. I know this "kit" must assist with installing the belt but no instructions come with it. I actually got cold feet and didn't buy the belt yet until I figure out if this is a massive ass ache to install.

I've googled this but found nothing useful. Has anyone else done the belts on a 6.4 dual alternator Hemi?