Racing seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am looking at putting racing seats and harness’s in my truck so when I’m off-roading my passenger isn’t being bounced all over the place.
I’m just wondering if anyone has done this and what size harness bar would be needed and pictures would help.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mind if I jump in, I'm doing the same thing and started a thread on certain seats, but got zero response?
I'm considering the SPARCO's or the BRAUM RACING, but wanted some feedback on quality before spending the money.
Maybe you'll get a better response.
sparco.png
braum1.png

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those Braum seats look comfy!

I personally like Bride seats.

https://bride-jp.com/en/seat/
I like these because, for one reason, they're made in the US, the Brides are nice, but a bit too pricey for the real ones, and they're made in Japan (nothing against that).
Can't decide between the two pictured?
Leaning towards the Sparco R333, albeit a little more. $1,050.00/shipped.
The Braums are $799/shipped. They do look comfy, huh?
Without brakets, but I'd wanna make my own so I wouldn't lose all my power seat controls on the drivers side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris Whitnall
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like these because, for one reason, they're made in the US, the Brides are nice, but a bit too pricey for the real ones, and they're made in Japan (nothing against that).
Without brakets, but I'd wanna make my own so I wouldn't lose all my power seat controls on the drivers side.

Do you have a colour scheme for your truck?

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mind if I jump in, I'm doing the same thing and started a thread on certain seats, but got zero response?
I'm considering the SPARCO's or the BRAUM RACING, but wanted some feedback on quality before spending the money.
Maybe you'll get a better response.
View attachment 247322

Yoooo these seats are SO nice looking wow

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I would do the same thing and make my own brackets. I would vote the Braum seats. They look like they would hug the body nicely and for a picture they sure look comfy for a race seat.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have a colour scheme for your truck?

Not really, it's Mineral Gray, so black/gray seats maybe a touch of red or orange would be okay as an accent color.
Definitely have to be some type of cloth in the seat and back areas though.

OP
OP
Chris Whitnall
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not really, it's Mineral Gray, so black/gray seats maybe a touch of red or orange would be okay as an accent color.
Definitely have to be some type of cloth in the seat and back areas though.

I would go with the sparcos then I’ve always liked their seats long term comfort from what my track buddy tells me

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would go with the sparcos then I’ve always liked their seats long term comfort from what my track buddy tells me

Now that's what I need to hear, I'm leaning towards the Sparcos myself.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yoooo these seats are SO nice looking wow

Yeah, we got really ****** seats in the 3rd gens that have very little to be desired. lol
4th and up got the nice seat upgrades.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, we got really ****** seats in the 3rd gens that have very little to be desired. lol
4th and up got the nice seat upgrades.
The next gen always seem to get the better seats lol. Third gen seats were ok. Definitely not as comfortable as the 4th gen.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The next gen always seem to get the better seats lol. Third gen seats were ok. Definitely not as comfortable as the 4th gen.
The ONLY redeemable feature about these seats are the multi-electronic adjustments they had. lol
They're back killers!
IMG_20160804_172212_066.jpg

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looked into the Corbeau's and was considering them until I found out they're made in China, that's a deal breaker for me.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Looked into the Corbeau's and was considering them until I found out they're made in China, that's a deal breaker for me.

At 60 you're going to hate getting in and out of the truck with any of those seats. They're a ***** to get into,and then get out of them for us old guys,racing seats are for the younger guys,lol

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At 60 you're going to hate getting in and out of the truck with any of those seats. They're a ***** to get into,and then get out of them for us old guys,racing seats are for the younger guys,lol
Agreed. That's the very reason I'm shying away from the Braums, but notice the Sparcos have a low bolster on the seat. I'm not overweight, so I don't have to worry about fitting in the backs like a fat person would, plus my trucks so low I literally slide right in. That was a major consideration.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I went to order my Sparcos R333's (pictured) yesterday and they're on back order till the end of July now, well ****.
So, since my Jeep need's seats even worse, I order some PRP Enduro Elite Suspension Seats in the meantime. yay
You go to their web site and build the color pallet like you want without any additional fees (except upgrade-stitching).
These are just like mine, however mine will be red where the black is and black where the red is, but with yellow logos, stitching and yellow diamond stitching in the middle.
Now the wait begins, 8 weeks to build and ship, but it's worth the wait because these are one of the top of the line's in custom seats.
Guess I'll be watching a lot of YouTube videos on the seats now. lol
pdint_2_image_84959.15721506978944.jpg
IMG_1266.JPG

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
So I wanna do PRP daily driver series adjustable seats front and rear. I put that on hold I found a center console for the front and swapped all stuff form the front to the rear for now. Even those buckets are better than a bench seat.

Attachments

• 030024B4-08A6-4D4B-AA7D-9CB566D4217D.jpeg
    030024B4-08A6-4D4B-AA7D-9CB566D4217D.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 9
  • B02C4FB9-88E3-4A3E-A39A-90DB66B489A4.jpeg
    B02C4FB9-88E3-4A3E-A39A-90DB66B489A4.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 9