Ram 2019 OEM Bed Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I brought a 2019 1500 Ram Big Horn Crew cab 4x4 with the factory bed lights. I ordered the kit, OBDLink M+. I'm Thinking I need the bypass harness to program the lights but not sure if I do or which one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on installing them next week or the following.
Thanks.

FXDBGABE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I brought a 2019 1500 Ram Big Horn Crew cab 4x4 with the factory bed lights. I ordered the kit, OBDLink M+. I'm Thinking I need the bypass harness to program the lights but not sure if I do or which one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on installing them next week or the following.
Thanks.
Just installed mine today, got everything connected and nothing turned on. Went to try and activate it using alpha obd and turns out I need the bypass harness. I didn’t need it on my 2015 1500 I ordered one on Amazon, should be here tomorrow. Getting the pin into the connector and reconnecting the connector is a mother******!!!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks.
You will need the security bypass harness to be able to do anything with AlfaOBD. This link is to one of the very popular bypass cables...

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I installed OEM LED bed lights on my previous truck (2020 Laramie). I didn't need to use alpha OBD or visit a dealer to activate them. I just wired them slightly different than the instructions said. They worked exactly the same as factory installed lights. I used this video for the wiring changes...

OP
OP
jfig

jfig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Thanks, I ordered the KaodTech Security Bypass harness. I should have it in a few days. Let me know how you make out with yours and I'll post mine probably by the weekend because we're getting all the rain from Elsa.
Thanks for the youtube link. I have the alfa OBD and the harness coming, if I can't get it going I'll try your youtube link.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks, I ordered the KaodTech Security Bypass harness. I should have it in a few days. Let me know how you make out with yours and I'll post mine probably by the weekend because we're getting all the rain from Elsa.
Thanks for the youtube link. I have the alfa OBD and the harness coming, if I can't get it going I'll try your youtube link.
Suit yourself. I mainly posted the link for the people like me who don't have alfa OBD, want OEM lights with full functionality, and don't want to pay the dealer to flash the sales code. :waytogo:

Tizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there any promo codes for the Kaod harness?