Ram app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't seem to get the Ram app working... All it does is show me my fuel level, the "health check", and recalls...

Shouldn't I be able to lock it and remote start it and stuff?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm pretty sure you need to have an active uConnect 'connected services' membership to be able to do those things. Most don't seem to think it's worth the money. I sure don't. But we all have different needs.

OP
OP
CrispyBacon

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, so the free trial only includes my gas tank, truck health, and recalls. None of that other stuff is included as part of the free trial....so I'm not sure what I'm actually supposed to be trying.

I did find the page to sign up for the rest of the features, and it's $25 a month! No thanks.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Okay, so the free trial only includes my gas tank, truck health, and recalls. None of that other stuff is included as part of the free trial....so I'm not sure what I'm actually supposed to be trying.
I can't say. I never used the app for any of those functions while I was on the trial period. None of them are useful to me.
I did find the page to sign up for the rest of the features, and it's $25 a month! No thanks.
Good decision.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Personally I like the Uconnect App better. The layout is more streamline and is accurate. On the RAM App the miles to empty are wrong and it only shows one set of rear tire pressures where the Uconnect App is accurate and shows all 6 tire pressures.
You can bargain with them depending on your needs. My package costs $188.91 a year which breaks down to 15.75 a month. To me the most used features are checking location of the truck, being able to lock it when I forget to after I left it, being able to unlock it for someone else to gain access, and checking fuel level remotely makes it all worth it to me.

OP
OP
CrispyBacon

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife's Nissan has an option to notify a list of people in the event of an accident or theft. To me, that's something I would pay for, but the rest is useless to me.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
My wife's Nissan has an option to notify a list of people in the event of an accident or theft. To me, that's something I would pay for, but the rest is useless to me.

You can setup boundaries and alerts so if it is stolen it would notify you that it is outside the geofence that you setup. Or setup a curfew, for example if you go to bed at 10 and sleep til 6 every day,
those hours could be a curfew so that if the truck is driven between those hours you would be alerted. You can also set speed limit alerts.

Screenshot_20231002_111424_Uconnect.jpg