Ram app remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tk1292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Is there any way to get control of remote start and vehicle health from the ram app after upgrading to the 8.4 radio, would I need to add the shark fin antenna ?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Probly need the module, antenna and service provider subscription.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there any way to get control of remote start and vehicle health from the ram app after upgrading to the 8.4 radio, would I need to add the shark fin antenna ?
I read this on another forum so figured I would share in case its helpful to you...not sure if its fact or fiction.

If you don't have the optional nav on your truck, then you don't have the XM Guardian service that came bundled with it. The XM Guardian service is what provides the remote start from your phone app capability.

I have a 23 1500 Limited and I have the Ram Lifestyle App (pic of home screen below) which includes remote start, lock/unlock doors, etc. It does provide a vehicle health report and also tracks the exact location of your truck at all times. You do have to pay for a subscription which I think has been worth it so far...I like having it especially when its really cold or hot out and I can start it no matter how far away I am or if I forget to lock it and I'm out of range. It also came in handy when my wife needed something in the truck, but it was locked and I wasn't home but I was able to unlock it. It's definitely more of a nice to have than a need so will keep it as long as I find it useful.

pic-of-ram-app-jpg.jpg

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
I read this on another forum so figured I would share in case its helpful to you...not sure if its fact or fiction.

If you don't have the optional nav on your truck, then you don't have the XM Guardian service that came bundled with it. The XM Guardian service is what provides the remote start from your phone app capability.

I have a 23 1500 Limited and I have the Ram Lifestyle App (pic of home screen below) which includes remote start, lock/unlock doors, etc. It does provide a vehicle health report and also tracks the exact location of your truck at all times. You do have to pay for a subscription which I think has been worth it so far...I like having it especially when its really cold or hot out and I can start it no matter how far away I am or if I forget to lock it and I'm out of range. It also came in handy when my wife needed something in the truck, but it was locked and I wasn't home but I was able to unlock it. It's definitely more of a nice to have than a need so will keep it as long as I find it useful.

View attachment 535187
My 2019 classic Express night edition came with the XM guardian service. I could remote lock and unlock and activate my horn and panic functions. But because my truck did not come with a factory OEM remote start, I had no remote start function even though I had XM guardian service included. The so-called factory remote start that the dealer installed which turned out to not be an OEM unit at all , obviously was not recognized by the XM guardian app either.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2019 classic Express night edition came with the XM guardian service. I could remote lock and unlock and activate my horn and panic functions. But because my truck did not come with a factory OEM remote start, I had no remote start function even though I had XM guardian service included. The so-called factory remote start that the dealer installed which turned out to not be an OEM unit at all , obviously was not recognized by the XM guardian app either.
Makes sense that you need the OEM remote start installed to be able to use that function on the app. Frustrating that the dealer misled you on what was installed...that is why I have trust issues with dealers/sales guys.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Makes sense that you need the OEM remote start installed to be able to use that function on the app. Frustrating that the dealer misled you on what was installed...that is why I have trust issues with dealers/sales guys.
Oh it was 100% the salesman. As far as the purchase of that truck went, I love the dealership. Everyone there was super nice to me. When I went to pick up the truck, I had an appointment with my salesman for 10:30 a.m. a.m. a location four hours away from where I live. I got there at 10:15. I sit down at his desk at 12:30. Nice appointment eh? The sales manager on the floor was super nice to me. He brought me coffee, he brought me a sandwich from the staff room. Machine, brought me lots more coffee lol and he apologized over and over for the salesman being late. The salesman on the other hand was super nice until I signed the paperwork. Then I was just another number in his book for the day. And when he messed up on the remote start thing and a couple other small details. He tried to back pedal his way out of it. I literally had to make a second trip four hours away to have the remote start installed, and they had to cut me a check for that remote start because it was supposed to be installed free and he charged me for it, I just happened to miss it on the paperwork as he kind of quickly flipped that page. The best part was he said he would pay for my fuel to come and have that installed. I made sure that when I showed up at the dealership I almost had to coast into the parking lot because it was on fumes. Then he told the young kid in the yard to go put $20 worth of the fuel of my truck. I argued with him and told him that he was going to pay for a full tank of fuel because that was the deal. Eventually I got my way. I would deal with that dealership again. Just definitely not that salesman.

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh it was 100% the salesman. As far as the purchase of that truck went, I love the dealership. Everyone there was super nice to me. When I went to pick up the truck, I had an appointment with my salesman for 10:30 a.m. a.m. a location four hours away from where I live. I got there at 10:15. I sit down at his desk at 12:30. Nice appointment eh? The sales manager on the floor was super nice to me. He brought me coffee, he brought me a sandwich from the staff room. Machine, brought me lots more coffee lol and he apologized over and over for the salesman being late. The salesman on the other hand was super nice until I signed the paperwork. Then I was just another number in his book for the day. And when he messed up on the remote start thing and a couple other small details. He tried to back pedal his way out of it. I literally had to make a second trip four hours away to have the remote start installed, and they had to cut me a check for that remote start because it was supposed to be installed free and he charged me for it, I just happened to miss it on the paperwork as he kind of quickly flipped that page. The best part was he said he would pay for my fuel to come and have that installed. I made sure that when I showed up at the dealership I almost had to coast into the parking lot because it was on fumes. Then he told the young kid in the yard to go put $20 worth of the fuel of my truck. I argued with him and told him that he was going to pay for a full tank of fuel because that was the deal. Eventually I got my way. I would deal with that dealership again. Just definitely not that salesman.
Sales guys are all the same...you should expect nothing from them once the sale is done so make sure you get everything you want/need ahead of time or in writing. Sounds like you at least got reimbursed for the gas you used for the second trip...too bad you can't get the time back you wasted waiting for him to do his job.

At the end of the day, hopefully you got a good deal on the truck and you're happy with it.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Sales guys are all the same...you should expect nothing from them once the sale is done so make sure you get everything you want/need ahead of time or in writing. Sounds like you at least got reimbursed for the gas you used for the second trip...too bad you can't get the time back you wasted waiting for him to do his job.

At the end of the day, hopefully you got a good deal on the truck and you're happy with it.
I can definitely say not all sales guys are the same but the majority are. I got to say when I bought my little Jeep Renegade Trailhawk which I traded in on this Ram, the sales process was great, salesman was awesome. Same way when I just recently bought my Can-Am Outlander, my salesman was actually the owner of the business and first thing he did was give me his personal cell phone number to contact him anytime with any questions. The paperwork process took about three times longer than I should have it as we literally just set there and chatted about stuff, and finding out that we actually had a mutual friend. You couldn't ask for a nicer sales guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat