Ram Connect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JHC1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Looks like my 3 month Ram Connect app expires today. Received an email stating as such so I reviewed what I am loosing, not much in my opinion on the navigation side, but it did say on the "Assistance" Package I have remote vehicle start. If I don't sign up, I loose that feature? Is that correct?

suicideking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7, 4X4, Sport and Tow packages.
I don't have remote start on mine. So looks like all I would lose would be the ability to unlock the doors with the app. How much do they charge to keep it active? Just bought mine on Sunday. How long is the trial?

Odd that they make you pay to use the app. The app for my wife's Ford is free.

OP
OP
JHC1

JHC1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Thanks. Good to hear. Only 3 months but $14.99/mo to renew. I don’t think so…..

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The Uconnect that you lose, is the APP, using a Smart Phone

Anything that you can do with your FOB, also called a RKE, right now, you will continue to be able to use.

I think, that you may lose some Navigation functions, BUT
you can use one of several Smart Phone APPS, to get IMPROVED Navigation for FREE

Last edited:

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most trucks have Android Auto and that's what I use for navigation. Google maps are always updated. Mine came with navigation but I've never used it. I don't even know why they still come with that because of Android Auto and Car Play.

I do pay for the app remote start but for me it's worth it. That's not the case with everyone.

OldRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I didn't buy the Ram Connect app and my GPS still works fine, I can't tell anything changed. During the three month free period, I never used the app even once.