Ram Box Gun Rack!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct. The moral of the story is I never leave my firearms unattended. Either its on person or I'm carrying it back into the house to secure. Leaving it in my truck without me around is not happening. Especially overnight while I'm asleep, no matter how secure I think it is.
I have left mine in my truck over night here and there. But it's not something I do often. And even then I have a console safe so unless they do like Franks buddy and take the whole truck, my pew-pew is safe(ish). Mine are as they should be, on my person or safe at home.

1911LVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L SO
Only problem I see is what happens if (when) your truck gets hits on that side? You just lost all our precious!

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How did I guess you were from Texas? I'm just jealous...I love Texas - it's my top 3 retire/relocate choices.
I did something similar in my previous truck with Ramboxes, although here in Comy-York it was for my shotguns - can't have big, scary "assault weapons" around here...
Nice job.
...plus since the passage of New York's CCIA, any firearm in an unattended vehicle must be in a locked, metal, fireproof storage. I don't think Ram Boxes apply, unfortunately.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 99248 miles.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordering RIGHT now! Thanks for the post. The ATV racks I have only allow one gun because opf the latch loop being in the way, this solves that problem with the swivels!

GeorgeC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you check the rambox, you will find 4 screws inside, just replace with longer ones and you won't need that board.

Can you close the rambox? I think the lock block the gun.

ALScott

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you guys think the vibration in the bed of a truck could affect a scope? I have always avoided putting my guns back there due to rough ride of a truck bed. I am picking up a Limited Saturday and with air suspension it may not be as bad, who knows.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Do you guys think the vibration in the bed of a truck could affect a scope? I have always avoided putting my guns back there due to rough ride of a truck bed. I am picking up a Limited Saturday and with air suspension it may not be as bad, who knows.
As long as your scope is tight in the rings, vibration shouldn't do anything to it. Whacking the scope against the bed side will, though.