RamBox/multifunction tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, anyone out there have these options? What do you think? Are they worth it? Looking at ordering a 2021. Thanks

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t have em, but will get them on my next truck as they will be extremely useful for me. Ram boxes will let me stash dirty gear/tools and what not for weekend back road fun. Multi function tailgate will allow easier loading/unloading the bed.

hopefully you can put your hands on a truck with both so you can try before you buy.

jim6090

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Linited
Engine
Hemi
I really like mine. Makes loading stuff in bed so much easlier.

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1 for ramboxes. Don't have MFT, but looks useful. Would be nice to reach into bed without reaching over the tailgate. Interested to see reliability.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

nikdfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Got both and like them. Not sure how much their weight cuts into payload, though, if that is a critical concern.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ram box is really going to depend on whether you need the bed space or can live without it?
While I like the idea of the ram box I personally cannot live with the reduced bed space so it's a no go for me unfortunately.
I played around with a multi function tailgate the other day and I would absolutely get one if I was getting a new truck.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rambox was a must for me on my 5th gen.. wish my 4th gen had them (one of the reason I decided to upgrade )for me the ability to not to have to carry a toolbox then deal with unloading/loading it or climbing in the end multiple times a day to grab my work tools is a life saver but I also have never had to use the space over the wheel wells when I had the bed loaded so the space you lose wasn’t a big deal for me. Other box I keep my detailing products stuff I usually either kept in a bucket in the bed or underneath the back seat the interior is clutter free now.

The MFT is a nice feature (mines does not have it) but buying my truck off the local lot for the deal I got I was okay with it not having it ,the Rambox was more important including the other features it had. If I had the choice to have both I would of done it but again wasn’t a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My wife has both on her Limited and I only have the ramboxes on my Laramie. I can say the MFT makes loading and unloading the bed so much easier. I wish I would have gotten that in addition to the rambox option. I use the ramboxes to store things I don't want to hear rattling around inside the cab. Tools, tow straps, jumper cables, other handy things all go in the passenger side. I don't store anything long term in the driver side. It's a handy place to put groceries in, and it works great as a cooler for tailgating or camping. I highly recommend both for anyone considering them.

HeavyG603

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the RamBox for my 2020 3500. One of the main reasons I went with Ram. Great functionality. I even bought the divider kit. Didn’t get the MFT as it wasn’t available when I ordered mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ginospin5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
Great truck ! Curious, is the bed cover factory mopar or other ? I have similar 2021 But Laramie with multifunction tailgate. Due to bed corner braces at cab end I am having some issues finding bed cover and cannot remove braces as they are for multifunction tailgate support

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Great truck ! Curious, is the bed cover factory mopar or other ? I have similar 2021 But Laramie with multifunction tailgate. Due to bed corner braces at cab end I am having some issues finding bed cover and cannot remove braces as they are for multifunction tailgate support
There are aftermarket bed corner braces available to replace the stock ones. Which eliminates the issue with bed covers. Here is just one of them...
https://rightonbracket.com/product/ram-truck-bed-brackets/

Redfour5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was ambivalent having not had them on the previous rams. I did need painted in liner.

but both were on mine on the lot and now five months later I won't get a fut get another without them for all the reasons stated.