Ran into a hiccup.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CS911RSPNDR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi everyone. I have been on here for a minute, and have found the thread Tradesman to Laramie swap very helpful. I chose to swap out my cabin harness with one from a 2015 Laramie. The swap was fairly smooth, still I got thlo the I220 connector. Completely different from model year 2014. Luckily all the wires are the same, so you would just have to clip and reconnect into the correct wire positions. Anyway, here is my problem. Now, my radio, and interior lights aren't working. Everything worked before, All the wiring is the same, and there is nothing different. I was getting the splash screen on start up, but not getting that now. And my interior lights aren't on. I am going to go and retrace my steps to see if I missed something, but if anyone can help lead me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi everyone. I have been on here for a minute, and have found the thread Tradesman to Laramie swap very helpful. I chose to swap out my cabin harness with one from a 2015 Laramie. The swap was fairly smooth, still I got thlo the I220 connector. Completely different from model year 2014. Luckily all the wires are the same, so you would just have to clip and reconnect into the correct wire positions. Anyway, here is my problem. Now, my radio, and interior lights aren't working. Everything worked before, All the wiring is the same, and there is nothing different. I was getting the splash screen on start up, but not getting that now. And my interior lights aren't on. I am going to go and retrace my steps to see if I missed something, but if anyone can help lead me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance
Do you have any codes stored in the BCM? I'm thinking CANBUS communication errors.

OP
OP
C

CS911RSPNDR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok, I checked and I do have U0156 and U0147 codes popping up. It's too cold to trace the lines today, but I will check grounds and the lines tomorrow to see if I missed a ground attachment. Any other foresight you may have to add I would greatly appreciate.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, I checked and I do have U0156 and U0147 codes popping up. It's too cold to trace the lines today, but I will check grounds and the lines tomorrow to see if I missed a ground attachment. Any other foresight you may have to add I would greatly appreciate.
If I had to guess, the harness changed slightly between years and the pins for something that communicate on the CANBUS aren't connected properly (backwards, missing or shorted). Since it's only two codes, I don't think it's a short because that can cause everything on the CANBUS to throw communication errors. Both your codes are communication errors. This site will help you find which wires you should be looking at.

OP
OP
C

CS911RSPNDR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you for your help. I will research the link you sent and see if I can track down the error. You have been a great help

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Check your F10 see the amperage the harness you swap may have the push button start option.