Readylift sst 4”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know people will say not to stack spacers. I have read a ton of reviews on this lift and I haven’t heard anything bad about axle angles or ball joint angles.

Does anyone have a picture of their suspension that is running this kit or seen a picture of it? I’ve heard smooth ride, easy install, and no bad angles on anything. Is that the truth or is there another side to that story?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
When I get home I'll tag you in the thread I started. As well as upload a few more updated from the guy I've been talking to that's running this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will know in a few weeks as I am installing one. Heard nothing but good things from people who actually used it

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I get home I'll tag you in the thread I started. As well as upload a few more updated from the guy I've been talking to that's running this.

Tag me also please

OP
OP
Mopar man

Mopar man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks you, I appreciate it!

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
It gets a bit hijacked, but it's all in there.

The original guy is running 5100s set to 2.8 with a 2" spacer on top, and 1.5" rear spacers. Claims everything is peachy keen so I have no reason to dispel his claims.

OP
OP
Mopar man

Mopar man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It gets a bit hijacked, but it's all in there.

The original guy is running 5100s set to 2.8 with a 2" spacer on top, and 1.5" rear spacers. Claims everything is peachy keen so I have no reason to dispel his claims.

So technically I could keep my 2” spacers on the front and switch to bilsteins and set them to say 2.1 and be ok on stock UCAS?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So technically I could keep my 2” spacers on the front and switch to bilsteins and set them to say 2.1 and be ok on stock UCAS?
I wouldn't keep stock upper control arms. At the minimum I would change them to the ready lifts. I know the ready lift kit was mentioned a bunch which was why I wanted to share the info I came across, without seeing things and measuring in person I err on the side of caution. So don't take things the wrong way. The other member I have been chatting with changed ucas and looking at the picture of the bj angle there's no way the stock one could handle the angle it's at.

Aside from that and sway bar correction, the guy is running rear spacers.

OP
OP
Mopar man

Mopar man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't keep stock upper control arms. At the minimum I would change them to the ready lifts. I know the ready lift kit was mentioned a bunch which was why I wanted to share the info I came across, without seeing things and measuring in person I err on the side of caution. So don't take things the wrong way. The other member I have been chatting with changed ucas and looking at the picture of the bj angle there's no way the stock one could handle the angle it's at.

Aside from that and sway bar correction, the guy is running rear spacers.

Sorry I just read that as well. Do you think the mevotecs would work or probably the readylift UCAs would be better?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Sorry I just read that as well. Do you think the mevotecs would work or probably the readylift UCAs would be better?
Mevotechs are just a stock replacement. They don't correct for any of the angles at extended lift heights. You have to take into account you still have the side effects of a spacer in conjunction with the height of the bilsteins already in place at extended ride height, so without proper upper control arms the stock angle of the bj will bind and potentially cause damage to the bjs. That along with you may not be able to get into alignment specs, so ucas are a worthwhile upgrade for sure, especially with a kit like this. It sucks but the added expense is worth it. This kit is a compromise, bare minimum you need to get about 4" lift, so there's really not much you can leave out of the kit.

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn it @Mopar man I was all set on the Eibach kit until you posted about this lol. Now I'm not sure what route would be better. If I went with the Eibach kit, I'd set them at the 3.5" setting, but that wouldn't net me the 4" up front and 2" in the rear like this kit would, plus I might need new UCAs as well. With the SST kit, I'd get a true 4" F/2"R lift with new UCAs with the angle corrected bj for the lift and could still run stock shocks/struts if I wanted, or swap them out with a set of bils. So many choices!!

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are the eibachs okay to run at 3.5” without a bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ok, everyone be honest, what exactly are your intended goals. Just get as much lift as possible without spending a lot? Or are you looking for a good amount of lift and a better suspension.

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, everyone be honest, what exactly are your intended goals. Just get as much lift as possible without spending a lot? Or are you looking for a good amount of lift and a better suspension.

I'd like a little better suspension, but definitely not focused on a performance suspension setup or anything. I also don't really want more than a 4 inch lift. My truck is leveled with I'm assuming 2-2.5" spacers that the previous owner installed, but I'm wanting to go a little higher than that to allow for 35's and for a little more aggressive stance. I'd say my driving is 85-90% pavement, with occasional driving through fields or trails to get to my hunting spots. Other than that I really don't offroad with the truck. I don't want to spend more than I have to get the lift that I want. I like the Eibach kit because it's close to the height I want, I just don't know if setting the front at 3.5 would require me to get new UCAs or not. Plus, I'm at about 83,000 miles on the stock shocks/struts, so I'm sure if it's not to replace them yet it won't be far off.

But, on the other hand, the Readylift SST kit comes with new UCAs, and would give me the true 4/2 lift. If I needed new struts up front I could just throw a set of bils in there for not much more. This is my first venture into lifting a truck, and I'm just not sure what route would be the best. There's also not just a whole lot of information/reviews out yet for either kit from what I can tell. Sorry
@Mopar man I didn't mean to hijack your thread lol

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Give me a few, I'm in the middle of installing some bora spacers. I'll give you a better reply once I'm done buttoning this pig up

OP
OP
Mopar man

Mopar man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like a little better suspension, but definitely not focused on a performance suspension setup or anything. I also don't really want more than a 4 inch lift. My truck is leveled with I'm assuming 2-2.5" spacers that the previous owner installed, but I'm wanting to go a little higher than that to allow for 35's and for a little more aggressive stance. I'd say my driving is 85-90% pavement, with occasional driving through fields or trails to get to my hunting spots. Other than that I really don't offroad with the truck. I don't want to spend more than I have to get the lift that I want. I like the Eibach kit because it's close to the height I want, I just don't know if setting the front at 3.5 would require me to get new UCAs or not. Plus, I'm at about 83,000 miles on the stock shocks/struts, so I'm sure if it's not to replace them yet it won't be far off.

But, on the other hand, the Readylift SST kit comes with new UCAs, and would give me the true 4/2 lift. If I needed new struts up front I could just throw a set of bils in there for not much more. This is my first venture into lifting a truck, and I'm just not sure what route would be the best. There's also not just a whole lot of information/reviews out yet for either kit from what I can tell. Sorry
@Mopar man I didn't mean to hijack your thread lol
I’m in the same boat as you. My 2014 has 79k on it. Stock shocks and struts. I have 35’s and 20x9 rims already. I also have a 2” strut spacer on front and my fender height in front measured 39.5”. I ordered the eibach kit only to return it because someone mentioned the sst kit and I wanted to research more. Any kit I get will actually only lift me at max 2 more inches or so than I am now because of my current spacer. I’m tempted to just leave mine alone I’m not sure. I would like to be higher and have new shocks and struts all around. A few times a year I do off-road but it is crawling, nothing serious. Here’s my truck now as it sits

11F6BFEA-D111-4B32-B8AA-CB59DACAF75E.jpeg

7A7EB4F6-ABCE-4052-B7A6-50A6EFF473F6.jpeg

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there are several reviews on the SST Kit on Amazon. All Positive. Buy it from nick though it cheaper cause no tax

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Ok guys, so this is my whole hearted opinion. I am by no means a pro, but take what I say with a grain of salt as I've learned most everything the hard way, usually multiple times.

To start this SST kit is what I would consider an aesthetic over function lift. Not saying it won't perform just fine, but it is a 4" lift kit, made by stacking and preloading the suspension and riding that thin line of "too much". I put this into the category of I SHOW MY TRUCK AND SPLASH IN PUDDLES TO GET DIRTY. As in my other thread DIY 4" LEVEL, the guy who im in contact with uses his rig lightly, so it will work. But you need to be mindful of steering, bj and cv joints. By no means would I really recommend normal wheeling with it. Maybe an easy ride in the woods, or a groomed fire road, but get into some real true rough terrain and you'll find the limit of the components I mentioned quickly. Simply because it's operating near it's maximum range of travel all the time. I know the SST kit provides upper arms for bj angles, which helps, but steering and cvs are pretty stretched. I've seen worse, but I've seen better as well.

The eibach kit is an entry level step in the right direction for performance. Nothing huge to be gained performance wise, but you net 1.5" rear lift and about 3.5 (on 2nd clip) up front. All utilizing new shocks and strut as well as coils. That right there is enough for me to recommend this over the SST. You can micromanage the lift height, but I promise to the naked eye you will not see a 1/2 difference in ride height. Using new coils as well as struts has a huge performance and safety factor as well. You won't be over extending anything with a spacer installed, and the ride will benefit from this ten fold. I actually had this kit ordered and would be running it, if it weren't for the fact it was backordered till this month and I needed to fix my stuff asap. It's one of the best bang for the buck kits you'll have, add in some upper arms and I promise you'll be happy with the results for a long time without going broke.

I like the SST kit for what it is, but it's a compromise that cuts corners. Oem suspension is ok at best and this retains most of it, just going off of that alone the eibach wins. Especially for you guys with heavier bumpers and big tires, the extra damping in the eibach will help tremendously. That being said, I began that other thread to show that there is no huge need to worry at our usual lift heights we are running. Ram did a damn good job engineering this truck and it's suspension. There's room for error, just don't get greedy chasing lift height. Quality trumps quantity every time. Buy once cry once. I can see the SST kit being upgraded to better shocks, than rear coils etc, which puts you right back to what eibach offers, but at the expense of buying the same end result multiple times.

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok guys, so this is my whole hearted opinion. I am by no means a pro, but take what I say with a grain of salt as I've learned most everything the hard way, usually multiple times.

To start this SST kit is what I would consider an aesthetic over function lift. Not saying it won't perform just fine, but it is a 4" lift kit, made by stacking and preloading the suspension and riding that thin line of "too much". I put this into the category of I SHOW MY TRUCK AND SPLASH IN PUDDLES TO GET DIRTY. As in my other thread DIY 4" LEVEL, the guy who im in contact with uses his rig lightly, so it will work. But you need to be mindful of steering, bj and cv joints. By no means would I really recommend normal wheeling with it. Maybe an easy ride in the woods, or a groomed fire road, but get into some real true rough terrain and you'll find the limit of the components I mentioned quickly. Simply because it's operating near it's maximum range of travel all the time. I know the SST kit provides upper arms for bj angles, which helps, but steering and cvs are pretty stretched. I've seen worse, but I've seen better as well.

The eibach kit is an entry level step in the right direction for performance. Nothing huge to be gained performance wise, but you net 1.5" rear lift and about 3.5 (on 2nd clip) up front. All utilizing new shocks and strut as well as coils. That right there is enough for me to recommend this over the SST. You can micromanage the lift height, but I promise to the naked eye you will not see a 1/2 difference in ride height. Using new coils as well as struts has a huge performance and safety factor as well. You won't be over extending anything with a spacer installed, and the ride will benefit from this ten fold. I actually had this kit ordered and would be running it, if it weren't for the fact it was backordered till this month and I needed to fix my stuff asap. It's one of the best bang for the buck kits you'll have, add in some upper arms and I promise you'll be happy with the results for a long time without going broke.

I like the SST kit for what it is, but it's a compromise that cuts corners. Oem suspension is ok at best and this retains most of it, just going off of that alone the eibach wins. Especially for you guys with heavier bumpers and big tires, the extra damping in the eibach will help tremendously. That being said, I began that other thread to show that there is no huge need to worry at our usual lift heights we are running. Ram did a damn good job engineering this truck and it's suspension. There's room for error, just don't get greedy chasing lift height. Quality trumps quantity every time. Buy once cry once. I can see the SST kit being upgraded to better shocks, than rear coils etc, which puts you right back to what eibach offers, but at the expense of buying the same end result multiple times.

Great advice @hodge-xj! That’s kind of what I was thinking as well. So with all that being said, do you think it would be necessary to add new UCAs with the Eibach kit at 3.5? If so, which ones would you recommend? I know it definitely wouldn’t hurt to have them, but that’s also another $400-500 depending on the UCA. Also, I know Eibach states the rear coils lift the rear 1 inch, but of the few people that are running this kit, it seems like they are actually getting 1.5 inches of lift. Would a rear spacer be needed to remain level or to have maybe a 1/4-1/2” of rake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk