Rear bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Did we ever find out if the Wheelers or the metalcloak bump stops worked? I have a set of Timbrens on my truck and they are too rough when not loaded.
Yes they do but modifications are required. I cut the oem bump cans out and welded in new cans to the frame that would work with the wheeler bumps. A bit of work but a noticeable improvement with sudden impacts as well as if you are towing.

Nanaue4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hate to bring this back, but when my airride went out, i swapped to. 2 inch Ironman Lift, I actually won a giveaway Timbren was doing on Instagram, I spoke to them about offroading and how much I do that, more than i carry loads for work or tow with my rig, they told me they would send me a “softer” compound, in which I would test out, Im not sure they even sent me a softer compound, and just sent me their standard SES, it rides horrible offroad and any bump i hit on road finishes with a bouncing rear end , i bought the MetalCloaks to try out and hopefully that helps with my onroad/offroad handling

Nanaue4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any of you ever try these?
I have them on my truck, they work awesome, rear end travels how it should, no more bad axle hop after hitting a bump like the timbrens provided. They are about an inch longer than stock, so i didnt even get a relocation bracket for them, i run them how they came and i couldnt be happier!

Nanaue4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any of you ever try these?
Just make sure you select for the JT. I had followed the link before and just purchased without paying attention, they will send you for a JK and JL, and none of those fit the bump stop brackets

Nanaue4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just make sure you select for the JT. I had followed the link before and just purchased without paying attention, they will send you for a JK and JL, and none of those fit the bump stop brackets
This is just a little photo of “flex” with the metal cloaks. My rear travel is about 11.5 inches with the shocks i currently have, and the metal cloaks with the timbrens i was at about 8.5-9 inches because i had less uptravel with how stiff they were.

Attachments

• IMG_9797.jpeg
    IMG_9797.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 6