Rear diff oil? LSD fitted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JordiUK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all.

Got my Ram running pretty sweet these days. Still to do the rear diff oil. Question is which oil? Does it have a LSD fitted?

Got this off vindecoderz.

IMG_5194.jpeg

Also reading this in the manual

IMG_5195.jpeg

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Jordi

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You appear to have the limited slip option. I recently did a diff change in my truck and I used almost 3 bags of Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-110 and also included 1 tube of their slip lock. Videos on YT show how to do it, it's very easy and takes 10 minutes on your driveway. I put the full tube of the slip lock in first, then filled the remaining with the bags of gear fluid until it started to pour back out the fill hole.

Also when getting under your truck, make sure you can loosen the fill plug before removing the drain plug. Sometimes these plugs get rusted in pretty bad and it would suck to remove your drain plug only to later figure out that you can't open your fill plug because at that point your truck shouldn't be driving anywhere.

OP
OP
J

JordiUK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply. Off to get oil on tuesday.

Already had the fill plug out. Oil didn’t look the healthiest hence the change.

But she is nearly on 200,000. Had some real TLC in the 2 years i’ve owned it. I still absolutely love it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517