Rear Diff Noise, cant figure out..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

candykorn78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all so i replaced my pinion bearing on my ram both inner and outer and races set pre load/backlash and didnt replace anything else in there i have done this 2 times now, i still have a little hum at certain speeds and also a vibration at 65 mph definitely coming from rear.. did i miss something...? any help would be helpful thanks!

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your u-joints, if they are good, pull the driveshaft and rotate 180 degrees and see if that helps.

OP
OP
C

candykorn78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for reply... so i checked u joints all good no binding... driveshaft has been balanced recently. So. i feel i have somewhat pin pointed the vibration the speed range is between 60-70mph. it isnt that bad when i am on the gas at those ranges, but the SECOND i let off the gas in that range i get intense shake feels like it is directly below where i am siting, it continues to vibrate until it roughly is below 60 65mph. what else could be wrong.... did my preload lossen, i set it on the high side 18-21 inch pounds in that range. i used a new nut, and also loctite. is it a carrier bearing/axle bearing ring and pinion. Its only REALLY bad on deceleration, not so much on the gas. did i set preload to high?. it says set preload 14-19 inch pounds for the chrysler rear 9.25 axle?.. did i screw up somewhere there?

OP
OP
C

candykorn78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have slight movement at t case side u joint but i have been told that is normal in the case...?

OP
OP
C

candykorn78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I forgot to mention that when it is vibrating on the decel then i push in the gas the vibration greatly diminishes..