Rear Differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashley Hemphill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
We bought a 2013 Ram Sport back in 2016 and recently the rear differential started making a roaring noise. We haven't had the exact problem diagnosed so we don't know exactly what's wrong with it. We purchased it through Nyle Maxwell and they have a Guaranteed lifetime Engine and Transmission warranty. I assumed it should be covered under the warranty but they're saying it's not. I've tried to google if it should or not but am not getting the answer I am looking for. Can anyone tell me if it should be covered under the warranty or not? I know it's going to be about $2000 to fix it so I would like to make sure before we spend our own money on it.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If it said Engine and Transmission, and not Drivetrain, then you are probably SOL ... It all sounds a lil fishy to me ... I’ve never heard of a lifetime warranty on a used vehicle ... Unless it was a sales gimmick, and they had every intention of screwing you over on a technicality right from the start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
You would have to read the fine print of the warranty document you signed or were provided. It should provide more detail on what's covered.

As stated above, it should include the term, drivetrain.

Last edited:

512RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Under their warranty I believe it states any lubricated parts under drivetrain or engine is covered. I might be mistaken, but I looked at Nyle Maxwell too before going to Mac Haick

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it said Engine and Transmission, and not Drivetrain, then you are probably SOL ... It all sounds a lil fishy to me ... I’ve never heard of a lifetime warranty on a used vehicle ... Unless it was a sales gimmick, and they had every intention of screwing you over on a technicality right from the start

I agree...If it did not say drivetrain then it won't be covered. the OP said engine and transmission and nothing about drivetrain.. So then the the way he stated it the differentials would not be covered.

512RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually, I was incorrect about their warranty.

Screenshot_20191011-130741_Chrome.jpg

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Pretty clear ... The diff would be a no ... Don’t get screwed by the dealer ... Take it to a 4 X 4 shop that knows what they are doing, at a reasonable price

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty clear ... The diff would be a no ... Don’t get screwed by the dealer ... Take it to a 4 X 4 shop that knows what they are doing, at a reasonable price

AND have them install 4.10 or 4.56 gears as replacements!!!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think your price estimate of $2000 is high---you need to figure out exactly what the problem is first--then shop around. Check with Matt at Moe's Performance and see what a set of gears and a rebuild kit cost if that is actually what the problem is.
Jay