Rear floor bins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My dad has his CC for 5 yrs before he realized he had them.
Easy to do. Especially if you leave your floor mats in when you clean the back seat area.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Same as just about everyone else... Tire patch kit with mini air compressor, ratchet straps, bungees, med kit, gloves, 2 water bottles.

Under the rear seats... breaker bar, 2 old towels, roll of blue towels, tool bag (wrenches, sockets, etc), spare hitch.

I think that's about it. One of these days I'll do the rear seat spacer mod so I can access behind the back seats & mount two rigid molle panels. I'll move most of the stuff back there and maybe some emergency tools of the 5.56 or 12 g variety.

baldpope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Late comment to this thread, but there are two sets of storage in rear...

Under the seat storage, passenger side is some water and dry good snacks, kids go through that. Driver side is towing gear.

Under the floor board storage is cleaning supplies and some lite first aid supplies.

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have Ramboxes so a lot of stuff is in there, but mine is filled with a first aid kit, small fire extinguisher, a large knife, binoculars, two MRE's, and water. You know, the basics....

Which menu MRE's? Lol.

Motor Head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
After I soundproofed both boxes, I stuffed one side with ratchet straps, tow strap, tire repair kit, and a tire hole sealant can. The other holds nothing yet.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone found a use for them? I was thinking of mounting a "Painless wiring" fuse block in one..
As you can see most of us use the heck out of the bins. Jumper cables, rags, towels, wheel lock key, gloves, etc. Great place to put stuff and not be in the way. Very useful for whatever you chose to do with them.

Madcane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this sounds dumb, but I was really bummed that the mega cab does not have them. I would assume everything from the bumper to that point is the same as a crew cab but yet no under the mat bins in mine. I wish they were as I could really use them. its a lot easier to get to than lowering the rear seat.

pjs386

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love 'em. Tow chains/straps, long range spot light, rachet straps, an extra screw jack, golf-style umbrella, and no one needs to know your guns!

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
One of these days I'll do the rear seat spacer mod

I'd never heard of this and was always frustrated at not being able to access that space. Well I did it this weekend and I'm thrilled. Other than a few of the bolts being ungodly tight it went easy, maybe 30 minutes to do it with just a ratchet and hacksaw. Thanks so much for mentioning it here.

OP
OP
odinjunior

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy Smokes thanks for all the replies... I must be the only guy who has empty Bins...

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the idea of the fuse block.

I put locking metal lids on mine. If I need to leave my hand gun(s) in a secure place that is where I put it or them. Or when out hunting I can lock my money/credit cards in there.

I haven't had my Ram long enough to fully utilize them but I am sure they will be full.

OP
OP
odinjunior

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have seen several mentions of the locking metal lids. Where do you get them?

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am still uneasy with the notion that a plastic bin which is accessible from underneath the truck is a secure place to store firearms. The aftermarket locking lid is good if the truck is going in for service and you want to prevent having someone walk by and grab the gun but from underneath it is still just a plastic bucket (albeit a double wall plastic bucket). There are too many people out there that may know about these bins and have the "skill" to access them. Not secure storege IMHO.

Edit: If you want to store a gun in that location this is how to do it but it is not cheap:

https://guardiansafeandvault.com/co...ault-2009-to-2016-dodge-ram-1500-model-ld3029

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500