Rearview Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdtme246

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2006 Ram 3500. The rearview mirror is an auto dimming mirror and it has all these lines all over it. 2 weeks ago it was only in the bottom left corner. Is there a way to fix it or do I have to get a new one? And if I have to get a new one what would be the best replacement?

Attachments

• PXL_20240315_135954921.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240315_135954921.MP.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 4

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2006 Ram 3500. The rearview mirror is an auto dimming mirror and it has all these lines all over it. 2 weeks ago it was only in the bottom left corner. Is there a way to fix it or do I have to get a new one? And if I have to get a new one what would be the best replacement?
Those lines are a map to the hidden gold left behind by Mr. Reflection. - :) On a more serious note - I believe that mirror is shot. You should probably replace it with OEM for the least issues. After market is doable - and if you don't have a rear camera, you could upgrade with one that has a camera and wire it all in.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I upgraded mine with a camera system. I love it. I wired it to work with the truck's ignition and tucked all the wires up and out of sight. Mounted the BU camera in the rear window so I can see the hitch in the bed. Much better than just a regular old mirror. HTH

OP
OP
J

Jdtme246

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I upgraded mine with a camera system. I love it. I wired it to work with the truck's ignition and tucked all the wires up and out of sight. Mounted the BU camera in the rear window so I can see the hitch in the bed. Much better than just a regular old mirror. HTH
What one did you use? I have been thinking about installing a reverse camera but I'd have to switch out my audio head unit and wire a camera. Is there one i could get that i push a button to turn on?

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
What one did you use? I have been thinking about installing a reverse camera but I'd have to switch out my audio head unit and wire a camera. Is there one i could get that i push a button to turn on?
There are a million different mfg's out there with every option imaginable. Some, like the Wolfbox offer GPS, voice controls, touch screen and the list goes on. I went with Xgody because I got one of their GPS units about 5 years ago and it's still working great. Plus they offered a 10" that is the same length as the factory rear view mirror. It doesn't have GPS but it does have split screen options, touch screen, and a built in battery that gives you motion activation (auto recording if something shakes the truck) and my experience is the built in battery lasts about 2 weeks parked and recharges within minutes of the truck running. It's especially helpful when I'm hitching up because I have a gooseneck in the bed and a 5th whl hitch that pins to the gooseneck. Makes it easy peasy hitting the pin everytime. Like I said, you decide what you need and I'll bet someone makes it. Good luck, Smokey
I should add, I hardwired mine to the fuse box so it comes on automatically when I start the truck, but if you put a switch inline and left it turned off, it works like a standard rearview mirror.