Rebel towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skh25

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 vvt
Picking up a 2019 Rebel tomorrow. Max Towing 11340, payload 1582. I plan on towing a 7200-7500 lb. travel trailer (when fully loaded). Payload won't be a problem. I was told this wasn't a good vehicle for this. I have a weight distribution hitch. I don't see the problem. Anyone see a problem?

Static

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
what weight distribution system are you running ?

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, my 2020 pulls that with ease. I have the same rating you do and have never had an issue.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Pull way more with mine. no zero. as long as you set it up correctly.

badal38257

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought a Rebel and plan to pull the same load (~7,500lb camper). I would like to level it and widen the stance. If I go cheap (wheel spacers and hockey puck), is that going to affect towing? I havent dived fully into this, but I have the factory air suspension. Would that cause a problem with leveling?

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I just bought a Rebel and plan to pull the same load (~7,500lb camper). I would like to level it and widen the stance. If I go cheap (wheel spacers and hockey puck), is that going to affect towing? I havent dived fully into this, but I have the factory air suspension. Would that cause a problem with leveling?
Leveling a truck that is going to tow, makes no sense to me...but plenty of people do.
You are going to want airbags to offset the fact you are removing the factory rake.

7500 lb camper is going to be alot more camper for a rebel than you think.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It sounds like you’ll be fine. Once you’re loaded and hooked up get it weighed anyway, make sure your PL and axle weights, etc, are good. I always recommend towing at 65 mph or less. Good luck!

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Forgot to add, make sure your hitch is rated for your tongue and tow ratings.
You should have at least a class IV

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

If you have factory air, are you planning on removing it?
I agree bit with above statement, why would you want to level it and then tow??