Remote start options??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronx79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are there any good DIY remote start options out there that don't take expert skills to install?? I need one badly but its $320.00 bucks installed for a basic setup. It seems like there is a lot to do to install these things. I'm not comfortable splicing into wires and other important harnesses. Any suggestions? Im sure ill just end up saving the money and having it done the correct way but I'm just wanting to see if any of you guys found a cheaper way. Thanks

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a factory one so I'm not sure of an answer, but bumping for others to chime in :)

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I did a Code Alarm, single button, was like $85.00

Hall_393

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an avital alarm with remote start I hve also used autopage
The autopage had less little computer boxes
The avital works awesome has 3 boxes you har to mount
Price wise idk where your located but in north Texas a lot of respectable shops offer
Remote start with alarms installed for under 300
My autopage was 187 installed
Avital was 285 installed

DARKNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to work at circuit city back in college doing car alarms and car stereo. No matter the cost of the unit, if your not comfortable with the installation I would just let the dealer do it. Your going to pay a good amount for a decent unit that is dependable + install for an aftermarket....might as well go with a mopar unit and utilize the factory key fob (if you have one) rather then carrying two different fobs all the time.

Also, if your taking it to a shop for an aftermarket unit....ask them if they solder or if they use t-clips....t-clips suck and I used to see them break and come apart all the time. We actually couldn't use them or any kind of crimp connector at Circuit City. We solder'd every wire-wire connection we made if we didn't carry a quick connect harness for it.

Last edited:

2003MOPAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not Lazy (Most of the time)

Saved up the cash and let Beast Boy install a Viper system. I am comfortable starting my truck with my Android phone. It was just too cool to pass up.

For $800 + change I can now:
Arm/Disarm the security.
Start/Stop my motor.
Heat/Cool the cabin.
Check the internal temperature without leaving the house.
Optionally locate my truck via GPS (It gets lost sometimes). :)
Save the location in a huge parking lot with a photo.

Most of this can be done from anywhere on the planet. No matter where you or your truck are. You cell provider service will limit you here.

Not Lazy. Smart money, well spent.

dmg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2003MOPAR do you have to pay a mothly service charge to use the phone app?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley