Remote window down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robrlp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does anyone know if you can still put down the front windows with the remote I had a 2011 that did but my new 2016 2500 doesnt seem to do it.

Midnite-CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Don't remember if '11 was the last year or not, but I know they don't have it anymore. Probably too many people inadvertently rolling windows down in the rain. I know i've found mine down a couple of times, never in the rain though!

Would have been a better feature if you could've rolled em up too IMO

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No you can't unfortunately

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't remember if '11 was the last year or not, but I know they don't have it anymore. Probably too many people inadvertently rolling windows down in the rain. I know i've found mine down a couple of times, never in the rain though!

Would have been a better feature if you could've rolled em up too IMO

Really? When I had my 11 it was very hard to get this feature to work. It never worked on the first try and it seemed like I had to time it perfectly to get them to go down. The remote start on the other hand, I accidentally started dozens of times with the keys in my pocket.

Noslo_2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I was told my 09 isn't supposed to do that, that it is a flaw in the computer or something like that???

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 09 does it, my brother-in-law's 13 doesn't do it..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Yup, rumor is they took it away for liability reasons, many people accidentally lowered their windows in the rain (or in flood conditions) and then tried to sue Chrysler over it. Blame the "its never my fault" people, ruined it for everyone.