Removing Factory center console mounted CD player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terrible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally installed a nice kenwood head unit and some new 6x9's a few weeks ago. I bought everything crutchfield recommended. From the head unit install kit to the adapter for the USB port in the upper console.

My truck came with the lowest level head unit with no blue tooth or hands free. It does, however have the factory cd player hidden in the lower part of the center console. Seems like a really odd place to put a cd player.

Since this new head unit has a cd player in it and the center console unit no longer functions I'd like to remove it and use the space for storage and as a place to install an amp for a future sub.

Has anyone removed this cd player and made a nice interior for that little cubby hole?

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If its a center seat Not that hard just remove the bottom lid then the whole bottom tray and replace with the non cd one.seat doesn't have to be removed.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Finally installed a nice kenwood head unit and some new 6x9's a few weeks ago. I bought everything crutchfield recommended. From the head unit install kit to the adapter for the USB port in the upper console.

My truck came with the lowest level head unit with no blue tooth or hands free. It does, however have the factory cd player hidden in the lower part of the center console. Seems like a really odd place to put a cd player.

Since this new head unit has a cd player in it and the center console unit no longer functions I'd like to remove it and use the space for storage and as a place to install an amp for a future sub.

Has anyone removed this cd player and made a nice interior for that little cubby hole?
Here's an idea...

3dec255535e9a46bda37549c14d5d8e6.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk