Reverse camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have read up a lot on what's available but wanted to get the opinion of those with the 2013's. I just got off the phone with the dealer and they said they could completely instal the system and blah blah for about 650$ that is over what I was originally told by sales but even more than I really want to pay. Those who have played this game already, is it worth the money to let them do it or order the parts and go the DIY route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I support the DIY method. Total cost is about $350, using OEM hardware.

If you have your dealership do it, ask which equipment they're using. There are a variety of kits, each offers different benefits.

There is no kit, which adds full OEM functionality, including moving lines.

There is a kit on eBay, which is probably lowest overall cost. It is a generic camera and involves splicing some wires.

There is NAVTV and LOCKPICK, which both add extra functionality to your radio. I doubt the dealership would install LOCKPICK, for liability reasons.

Just find out what they're installing. Look up the cost of the parts and see if it's worth the labor you are paying. In the case of my kit, you would be paying $300 in labor, which is a bit high.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
Yeah I feel the same but the full parts needed list is going to be some work to track down. I am hoping to find enough information on the forums to put together the needed list.

Steve21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Will this work on a '14 2500? Also how much does the dealer usually charge to flash that option code?

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Will this work on a '14 2500? Also how much does the dealer usually charge to flash that option code?

It works on the 2014. Dealer should charge $50. Some have paid as much as $100. Others have been free.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
Thank you sir. I am pretty sure you wrote a lot of what I was reading before and between the two forums, I lost focus and track of the plan. I appreciate the list

OP
OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
Jeep,
Adding the lock pic only unlocks options after the deck is flashed right? Would it be worth buying that along with everything else?

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Jeep,
Adding the lock pic only unlocks options after the deck is flashed right? Would it be worth buying that along with everything else?

I am not certain, but their directions don't indicate that a dealer flash is required.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don't need a dealer flash with the lockpick. The Lockpick has video inputs for aftermarket cameras and feed them into the factory head unit without a flash. It will also allow video in motion.

Ray