Rhino lining truck parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Was thinking of doing some spray on lining on rocker panels of my new mega cab and maybe the bumpers. Anyone had any luck with either

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats the base material? Chrome or painted? Over the paint rockers just takes a medium or fine scotchbright pad to scuff a clean surface. Reclean surface re-tape of the area to be painted and apply lined.. they also have tintable bed liner or paintable bed liner if you desire a factory color or custom 2 tone other than black

If the bumpers are Chrome same process, but I like to use a orbital sander with a 120 grit paper on it to scuff the surface of the chrome then use a etching primer then coat with the bed liner. Have had good results on many trucks I have done.

OP
OP
Jared9

Jared9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Looks

Do the bumpers look good sprayed our is it too much. I've tried to find pictures online but can't find much

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have been told by numerous people to avoid rhino lining and get Line-X. I have also felt the two side by side and line-x seems to be a much better product.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I have been told by numerous people to avoid rhino lining and get Line-X. I have also felt the two side by side and line-x seems to be a much better product.

95% of Rhino's bad press was because of their dealer network and bad prep practices and 99% of that was over 5+ years ago. They have rectified that for the last few years and most of the bad mouthing nowadays comes from the Line-X dealers rehashing old business.

For the non UV protected liners, Rhino in my opinion holds it's own well against the Line-X. Where Line-X does shine over Rhino is their UV protected applications.

Tyler Cooke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had my bumpers line-x'ed on one of my previous trucks. Turned out nice. I didn't do my rockers, however many people around home do. Very durable for the roads here in the mountains.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had Rhino on 3 trucks and it has held up great, thus I have never tried Line-x. So I have nothing bad to say about Line-x, but I have had great experiences with Rhino.

OP as for your question about the look of it, it's all about your taste. There will be some who hate it, and some that love it. I would consider mocking up your truck first, or photoshopping it to see if it looks the way you think it might. Ultimately it's yours to love or hate but when applying Rhino or Line-x....well, it doesn't come off as easy as it goes on.

5hole

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had my rockers done with line-x on my dark blue ram and I like it. Its been 3 years and still looks new, no fading at all still nice and shiny black. It wasn't the base level of line-x. No more rock chips and paint rubbing off from the factory mud flaps.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I had my rockers done with line-x on my dark blue ram and I like it. Its been 3 years and still looks new, no fading at all still nice and shiny black. It wasn't the base level of line-x. No more rock chips and paint rubbing off from the factory mud flaps.
Got pictures?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI

I would love to see a few pics. My rockers got destroy on some dirt roads in north Dakota

OP
OP
Jared9

Jared9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Well after some searching I found a place in town to spray my rocker panels and bed liner at the same time. It goes in next week. I will post pictures when I get it back. Let the upgrades begin

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Nice. If you don't mind saying what are they charging you for both? I need both done as well

OP
OP
Jared9

Jared9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
$1000 for both $600 for rocker panels and $400 for the bed. Getting excited

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
If you look at the product technical data sheets, which you can get if you ask for them, LINE-X way stronger than Rhino. For example, the tear strength of Rhino Tuff Grip and Hardline is 225 psi. The tear strength of LINE-X is 490 psi.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
If you look at the product technical data sheets, which you can get if you ask for them, LINE-X way stronger than Rhino. For example, the tear strength of Rhino Tuff Grip and Hardline is 225 psi. The tear strength of LINE-X is 490 psi.

Do not cherry pick the data. Rhino has their "Extreme" lining that is 500-600 PSI rated.

http://rhinoapplicators.com/images/stories/Spray%20Elastomer%20-%20Polyurea/Rhino_Extreme_HP_11-50_TDS.pdf

A good Rhino application dealer is going to go over with a customer's intend use and give options tailored to that. Not every customer is hauling rock, yard or construction waste. Some commercial customers have needs for hauling product and need a liner with softer give to not damage said product with removing.

If you go into a Rhino dealer wanting the cheapest spray cost, then you will get low tear strength stuff. If you want the highest impact resistance, then you will get Extreme line.

Like I mention before, if you truly compare the same product, Rhino is competitive. Line-X does pull away though in the UV protection category.

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
Do not cherry pick the data. Rhino has their "Extreme" lining that is 500-600 PSI rated.

http://rhinoapplicators.com/images/stories/Spray%20Elastomer%20-%20Polyurea/Rhino_Extreme_HP_11-50_TDS.pdf

A good Rhino application dealer is going to go over with a customer's intend use and give options tailored to that. Not every customer is hauling rock, yard or construction waste. Some commercial customers have needs for hauling product and need a liner with softer give to not damage said product with removing.

If you go into a Rhino dealer wanting the cheapest spray cost, then you will get low tear strength stuff. If you want the highest impact resistance, then you will get Extreme line.

Like I mention before, if you truly compare the same product, Rhino is competitive. Line-X does pull away though in the UV protection category.

LINE-X has Platinium which has a tear strength of 750 psi and is UV protected. There's LINE-X Pro which is also 750 psi but is not UV protected. Seems like LINE-X is a step ahead of Rhino.

Last edited:

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
LINE-X has Platinium which has a tear strength of 750 psi and is UV protected. There's LINE-X Pro which is also 750 psi but is not UV protected. Seems like LINE-X is a step ahead of Rhino.

I am confused, for your Special Olympic win on the internet, what are you going with? 490 or 750 PSI? Are we comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges like your first post of 490 PSI product against 225 PSI product?

Like I mentioned before, Rhino Liner has competing product when you know what product line level you are looking at. If you want the "gold star" award for highest tear or tensile strength and UV protected product, Line-X gets it, no doubt.

Sword fight aside here, I still make the claim Rhino-liner is viable product to consider when shopping and you know what protection range you are looking for.

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
I am confused, for your Special Olympic win on the internet, what are you going with? 490 or 750 PSI? Are we comparing apples to apples or apples to oranges like your first post of 490 PSI product against 225 PSI product?

I was comparing the most typical bedliner products which are Rhino Tuff Grip, Rhino Hardline, Standard LINE-X and LINE-X Premium. That's the Rhino 225 psi vs the LINE-X 490 psi.

Rhino Extreme, LINE-X Pro, and LINE-X Platinum are not the most typical bedliners. However, LINE-X seems to have Rhino beat in this category also.

OP
OP
Jared9

Jared9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Before and after

Pic after rhino lining the sides

Attachments

• image.jpg