Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Rodent problems??

Discussion in 'Garage' started by Ramtrucker12, Nov 11, 2019.

1. dexter

dexter Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn
    Engine:
    6.4L
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 2 mice in my RV while I was camping.

I got 1 on mouse sticky paper.

The second I go by putting water into the RV's tub and leaving the curtain out. The mouse climed up the curtain, fell into the tub and could not get out. Hit it with a stick and killed it.

Yes, like many problems, only killing it works.

2. El Huapo

El Huapo Member Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Warlock
    Engine:
    V6 gas
    My neighbor mixes a water-soluble hot sauce with more water and puts it in spray bottle to spray under the hood, claims it works fine. I buy Lavender oil and sprays and use the spray around my garage and inside of my old motorhome and it also seems to work as a deterrent. Kinda Foofy but it seems to work.
    In tucked-away spots on the motorhome I do use sticky-traps and the newer snapping traps. I live in the woods and have deer mice and wood rats running around which will do immense damage to wiring, etc.
    PS: the sticky traps work best with a little birdseed sprinkled on and around them.

3. madtrucker2016

madtrucker2016 Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Moth balls tie in a sack of cloth .Try to put it by the fire wall drivers side ,their is the most amount of wires in the truck compartment

4. bobeast

bobeast Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2014, 2017
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4, 5.7
    I had an ultra sound device on my last truck. Popped the hood once and saw a mouse dancing the Macarena to the beat.

BossHogg likes this.
  5. BossHogg

BossHogg Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7L Cummins
    Owning an RV, boat, and vehicles in the garage for the winter, rodents and I have a hateful relationship. I've tried all the voodo from fancy smelling soaps, dryer sheets (they used them for a nest), ultrasonic sound devices, etc. We could not use poisons because we have indoor/outdoor cats plus tons of hawks and owls on our property.

What I found that works is a product called RatX. The critters will consume the RatX pellets which cause extreme dehydration and their death. The active ingredient doesn't cause harm to their pray. So far, so good. Because the product causes dehydration, if the mouse konks in a wall or other closed area, they won't smell.

RatX is sold at hardware and big-box home stores.

OCDTech likes this.
  6. OCDTech

OCDTech Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

Think i've tried this, thing is bastards will not eat it. I bet i could put it on some peanut butter.

BossHogg likes this.