Rough country loaded struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mainly just for looks / highway use are the rough country leveling struts with springs any good?

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious as well, I installed front leveling kit almost a year ago, but it compresses the stock springs making them have less spring and bumps are really felt which lightens the steering. Would still not go back to stock, but was looking at rough country leveling struts/shocks as it should bring back the normal spring reaction for the front end. Also installing the leveling kit was a royal PITA! The rough country kit is much easier to install vs 2.5 leveling kit. Love the stance of my leveled truck and could never go back to stock.

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Leveling loaded struts are great. They’re inexpensive and do a great job.
Now if you’re talking about a spacer on the factory spring, I would never suggest anyone go that route. It changes the geometry of the factory spring rate. In a nutshell, it will drive like $hit. It might be cheaper at first but will cost you much more.
Get the leveling loaded springs. And when you’re ready to lift your truck all you must do for the front is adjust the height from 2 or 4 inches to 6.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get the leveling loaded springs. And when you’re ready to lift your truck all you must do for the front is adjust the height from 2 or 4 inches to 6.

Thats not how that works... lol.

anything above 4" you need a proper spindle lift.

to O.P. R.C is garbage. Get Bills

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats not how that works... lol.

anything above 4" you need a proper spindle lift.

to O.P. R.C is garbage. Get Bills
You can buy the loaded RC 2” struts for a leveling kit. If you decide to raise later on, you can. You will need to buy the kit with only the f/r cross members and the rest of the kit. But you can still use your leveling loaded strut. You’ll need to take it out again remove the strut from the shock and change the pin to make it longer (6 inches) you can either do a 2”, 4” or 6”. It’s just a small clip you must remove and place it according to your desired height.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Mainly just for looks / highway use are the rough country leveling struts with springs any good?
Nothing is going to beat Bilstein 5100's for the budget friendly rock solid option thats been proven all over this forum. @Nick@GotExhaust can set you up with a set as he is our go to forum vendor

OP
OP
jknappen

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does nick sell the bilsteins already loaded with springs?

zrock

Reaction score
i put the rough country in my truck and im happy with them.. They ride good and put the truck up right were i wanted it after my air bag delete...

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bilsteins do not come loaded. Anywhere selling them loaded are not factory springs and you’d be much better off going with a loaded eibach coil over.

Agreed, if your going to pay for coils springs and struts anyway you are better off upgrading the coils too. The Eibach strut and coil is a great option. It will get you some lift, and provide better ride comfort with some added off road performance as well!

Anyone interested in some leveling options or any other suspension options message me for info and a quote

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat