Bilstein 5100's with Rough Country lifted struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyleekoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am brand new to this but here goes. I have a 16' 1500 Express 4wd 5.7 hemi. I somewhat recently had a Rough Country 6" lift installed and I used the N3 lifted struts. I want to get about 2 more inches in height. Can I use the Bilstein 5100's in conjuction with the N3 struts? Not quite sure how or if that works. I plan on using spacers in the rear. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance and I'm prepared for my bashing..lol. I do go off road quite a bit but nothing hard core. Mostly trails and pastures.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well since you are ready for your bashing lol......RC was not a great lift choice. They are known not to ride nice and don't hold up long term.

your lift did it use large spacers on top of your struts. If so you can do bilstein 5100's but I would recommend also changing your UCA's to angle correcting ones especially since you will off road some. What spacers do you plan to use for the rear and how much lift for the rear? You may end up over extending the rear shocks.

Message me if you would like to discuss this further and want some pricing.

OP
OP
Kyleekoo

Kyleekoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for your response. I was concerned about over extending the rear shocks. Like I said, I don't do any heavy off-road driving but I'm running 37x13.50 on 20x10 w/ -25 offset. At full compression my fronts rub a little so I want a little more height. Money is always a consideration so I've also considered doing the Zone 1 1/2" body lift. Do you know what parts I'd need to do the suspension adjustments to get another 2 " of lift? Also, I haven't gotten to the point of looking for rear spacers yet.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want more rear lift its easy, EVO Jeep Gladiator 6.5" springs and Bill 5165 resis for the rear.

This is what the EVOs look like besides my old Superlift springs.
20230717_140211.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kyleekoo

Kyleekoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry. No, I don't have large spacers on top of the struts. I went with the N3 strut for that reason. I heard the spacers squeak badly.

OP
OP
Kyleekoo

Kyleekoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok. What am I looking at for the rear springs and Bils 5165? Now that leaves the front......I'd like for the truck to stay close to level front/rear

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Ok. What am I looking at for the rear springs and Bils 5165? Now that leaves the front......I'd like for the truck to stay close to level front/rear
You don’t want a level ram because the hood is higher than the bed even with a tonneau cover. RC has a natural nose high look because their lift geometry is terrible. Unfortunately saving a few dollars usually costs more than a few dollars to drop a new front Diff and cv’s into it. That said what’s done is done but do not stretch that lift any higher. Post a few pictures of your truck and we’ll get you dialed in. Don’t just throw parts at it trying to get where you want to go.
Start with pictures

OP
OP
Kyleekoo

Kyleekoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry, I think it doubled up the same 3 pictures. I need to measure off the center of the wheel but right now I believe I'm about a 1/2" lower in the front. As you can see at full compression, I definitely rub a little up front. I really don't want to go up more than 2" but I appreciate your input and want to do it properly. The front RC N3 struts are a 6" lifted struts with no spacers.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The stance looks good to me. I wouldnt want the front any higher without raising the back too, personally.

I dont think you want to stretch that kit out much. I would leave it and do any trimming that was needed.

OP
OP
Kyleekoo

Kyleekoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I actually want to take the whole thing up about 2". Zone makes a 1 1/2" body lift that seems to be decent. I'd prefer to go up in the suspension though. I have a feeling it's going to be out of my budget to do suspension.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This was my old 2012 Ram 1500. I had a 6" Zone suspension lift and the Zone 1.5" body lift. Bilsteins on the front set at 2.1. I had 20x10 Fuel wheels wrapper with 37x13.50x20 Toyo R/T's. Pictures for reference.

Hindsight, it sure looked great but man, it just became too much for me. But, that's just me.

Adam

Attachments

• Ram02.jpg
    Ram02.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Ram03.jpg
    Ram03.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Ram04.jpg
    Ram04.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
Kyleekoo

Kyleekoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That truck is beautiful. I'm running 37x13.50 on 20x10" . I don't do hardly any highway driving but it is tiring when I do. Maybe I'll be smart and leave it as is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357