Rustling, blow out, whistling noise from engine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malekpeter93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi!

I'm going to go crazy! I have bad MDS lifter in my engine. I rebuild the whole engine. New cam, lifters, pushrods, valves, solenoids, sensors, mainfold, etc. The installation was perfect. The car started, runs perfectly and has a lot of power again. Due to the wear of the new parts, I try to drive carefully, but sometimes I hit pedal to metal.

After a few miles just after a big acceleration i started to hear a hissing noise from the right front side. It's hard to explain, but every time I step on the gas, it makes a sound like I'm blowing the air out with a compressor. The sound gets louder in proportion to the RPM. It's not annoyingly loud, but it's clearly a new sound that I haven't heard before I make the engine rebuild. Unfortunately, it's impossible to hear it on video, so I didn't even upload it.

Please help me because I'm going crazy!

2012 RAM1500 5.7 HEMI
The truckis fully stock. No aftermarket parts or tuning.
The water pump and clutch is relative new, 1 years old.

Thank you!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Almost sounds like a vacuum leak ...or possibly a missing spark plug?? Have your mechanic take a look at the 'basics'.

Davis MacD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reminds me of my 1990 nissan spacecab when it started getting tough to start. The compressed air sound caused me to check the plugs and one was loose. I got it finger tight and the motor fired like it was new. But when I went to put a torque wrench on it I discovered the threads were stripped. I slipped a copper wire onto the threads and it tightened up,.. for 3000 miles and then it blew the plug two threads out during a hard start... I sold it running on 5 1/2 cylinders and bought a 2001 dakota