RV hauler bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anyone change out their bed for a RV puller bed similar to the link I’m posting? Looking for a good one to put on my 1 ton. How much a PITA is it to do? Most likely have it installed. Then try to sell my truck bed. Thanks.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
I haven't, but curious how this bed option would work with things like back up camera, cargo camera, surround view cameras, and object detection sensors. Anyone know if the cameras and sensors can be remounted on this type of bed and re-programed to be effective?

OP
OP
B

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Have to consider weight as these bed replacements have to weigh allot compared to original bed. Beltsand pointed out some good info on backup cam and sensors. Will have to dig around to see if anyone makes a bed with ability to use the camera and sensors. I have a SRW so looks like I would have to convert to DRW.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I used to spend summers near a company that made something similar along with contractor boxes, plows, etc. Talked with people there a couple times and I had asked about my 2500. They said things like that really need a 4500 or 5500 chassis cab because of the weight that both the box and gear/hitch, etc. add onto the frame.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Last edited: