S&B filters cold air replacement filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j_chap82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have a S&B cold air, it has a blue filter from when i purchased it around 50k miles ago. i’m wondering if this is their cleanable cotton filter that was included because the only thing i can find on their site is red. Can anyone give me some insight, is it a disposable paper filter and i need to replace or is it a cleanable cotton one i can wash/re-oil/reinstall? thanks

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
White is non cleanable. Post a picture. If it has metal mesh it should be the cleanable type

Reactions: U&A

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
From what I read online, and from owning the blue filter at one point; blue is an oiled filter, same quality as red, just different color oil used. Maybe it is their "older" style, but I am not sure there is a difference other than color. You can still buy the blue oil kits on their website, so technically you could turn your filter blue (or purple by combining oils). Not that I recommend that. :)

White is the dry extendable filter. It can be cleaned to a point with a vacuum, but not any sort of liquid recommended. Both the white dry filter and the oiled filters (red or blue) have a wire mesh.

I currently run the white dry filters, and vacuum it every oil change. Every other or every third oil change, depending on how it looks, I replace it. A bit more expensive than a regular filter replacement, but I figured that is just part of the cost of a performance intake.