S & B intake for the 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironhayden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey i was just on s&b website and see they have a intake for the 6.4 hemi trucks. Does anyone have one on there truck yet. They look good and the price isn't to bad at $299.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I put one on mine and wrote a review. I think it was an improvement, as much as your ass can perceive from an intake. First drive after installing it I noticed the throttle felt a bit lighter and the truck responded a bit better. I think this paired with a ported TB would be nice, and with a tune you would certainly have a faster truck.

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/s-b-cai-for-6-4-hemi-install-review-pic-heavy.114528/

OP
OP
ironhayden

ironhayden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Glad to hear you guys like the intake.

OP
OP
ironhayden

ironhayden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What is everone runing dry or oiled with the the s and b fillters.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I personally run dry filters. I don't want any crap on or near where air is getting sucked into my engine. Airflow sensor may not like that. Etc.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
We don't have an airflow sensor on these trucks (not a traditional MAF anyway) but agreed it's not worth the extra 2 hp running an oiled filter IMO. It'll certainly be debated forever but in my experience too much crap gets by the oiled filter vs the dry.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
We don't have an airflow sensor on these trucks (not a traditional MAF anyway) but agreed it's not worth the extra 2 hp running an oiled filter IMO. It'll certainly be debated forever but in my experience too much crap gets by the oiled filter vs the dry.

Good point lol. I guess it is just drilled in me to think about a sensor now.