S363 replacement of vgt turbo questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PRAJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 13 ram 3500 Laramie. With a racemeultra I've been through 2 vgt turbos. Thinking on replacing this one with the S363. I've been told it will drop right In and does away with the actuator. I was told oddly enough that with the speed sensor and the actuator unplugged that it will work fine and won't throw any stupid boost codes. Is this true?

Double Nutted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the ultra you can definitely use a fixed vane. My BD IH SXE 363/80/.91 is perfect for the mts. Get a 364.5 for lower elevations. Choosing delete on my Ultra prevents any codes. I also have a BD inline ebrake. Once you've had a fixed vane, you'll wish you never saw a POS vgt! Much cooler egt, much lower drive pressure and favorable boost/DP ratio, entirely better power band and STRONG top end, all the way to redline.
I used BD kits and IDK about any 100% drop-in fixed vanes for the 6.7... sorry. You could check with AGP turbo in Tempe Az.