Seatbelt EVIC message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brody57

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a new 2014 Ram RCSB a few months ago and I disabled the seat belt chime. My question for everyone is, is there a way to also disable the seatbelt message that comes up on the EVIC when they aren't buckled? I have a bench seat so I flip my console up because my girlfriend likes to sit beside me but when I hit a bump the message flashes on my EVIC every time and its getting annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best advise I can give is ..... ditch the girlfriend.

This is pretty solid advice. If that doesn't work though, you can jumper the connector that goes to the pass side seatbelt buckle. There is a 2 pin connector that leads to the switch in the buckle. It will think the buckle is always fastened.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Lmao!! ^ no I don't think there is man..it shouldn't be popping up when you hit bumps though! Mine doesn't anyway!

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lmao!! ^ no I don't think there is man..it shouldn't be popping up when you hit bumps though! Mine doesn't anyway!

She could be pressing on the seat so it thinks there is someone there.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!

Attachments

• spit.gif
    spit.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 100

BaghRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
.............or don't hit any bumps.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Go to the salvage yard and cut just the buckle off of a seat belt and click it in the passenger side . . . EVIC message gone

TBTn7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is pretty solid advice. If that doesn't work though, you can jumper the connector that goes to the pass side seatbelt buckle. There is a 2 pin connector that leads to the switch in the buckle. It will think the buckle is always fastened.

Do the seats have sensors that detect a person sitting? If so maybe that could be disabled by jumpering? If that is possible it should stop the display warnings.

******DISCLAIMER******
Proceed at your own risk. I have not tried this but am hoping someone with electrical/electronics knowledge will advise.
Found a fix for this. Disconnect wiring harness under seat and ground the male terminal. Said it would stop the chiming and the warning lights on the display.

Last edited:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Try buckling the passenger seat belt while she's in the middle seat and see if that changes things. If not just get used to the flashing light and be glad there's no chime. Better yet have her sit in the passenger seat instead.