Second thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Seeing if anyone else has been where I think I am. I bought my truck new 7 months ago and have spent a small fortune modding it. I love it and believe it is arguably the coolest truck in town. However I think want something else, I think I did too much to fast. Before I bought my truck I was looking at diesels/Eco diesel. They were out of my price range. Also wishing id of got more options such as leather back up camera and so on. I know I wouldn't get my money back from the dealer, maybe I could sell it private party idk. Anyway like I said anyone else been in the same situation and acted on it?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know what you mean, I love my truck and have it all paid off but at the same time, i wish it was a diesel

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Happens all the time.

Banks love the car industry!

I learned what I wanted after my 2010 RAM, and ended up with a perfectly equipped bog horn.

No matter what you get, there will always be better and new things.

Hell, I've gone diesel, and back to gas. I love diesel, but its not all fun and games. Being stranded because a diesel shutdown sucks! So many little things that can cause a limp mode or shut down. Repair costs too.

Not trying to scare anyone from a diesel, bit there is much to be learned!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
61OzqIn.jpg
[/IMG]

Naw man your truck looks awesome! There will always be something bigger better faster ect.. I got the express cc truck which is worlds away from my buddies bighorn as far as interior. But those are just details lol. I don't regret it. Less stuff to break lol. But if you are truly unhappy and want something else than I would try to sell private and sell the aftermarket stuff separately

rybread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same problem. I bought a new 2012 express just because I wanted a truck. Within a couple months wished I would've got one with all the options I wanted. January I traded it for a fully loaded sport. I love it but now I kinda miss the old one...haha. It sucks because anymore they update things or have new gadgets every year.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm there too. Thinking about trading my express for a better optioned truck. Hopefully one without the plastic front bumper........Luckily I've been holding off on mods until I decide if I'm keeping it or not.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You just have that feeling cause you're at the end of your modding cycle. Enjoy driving it and see about some small stuff you can do here and there.

There's always something else but it's not always better.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
You liked your truck enough to buy it, I assume. Seems like a nice truck from your sig line. If you have money falling out of your pockets but only bought the truck you did then I can see some of your feelings you have now. However,if money can be tight like so many of us you will be spending a lot more on getting the truck you really want and then I'd guess that your much more expensive new truck will not make you as happy without the larger tires, lifts, engine mods, etc, you had on your original truck.

If money isn't an option then sell and buy what you want. Otherwise I'd keep your truck, get it paid off or down and gain some equity in it then trade it in in several years for what you really want. Just my opinion.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The Good old inner hwy home of the trade a new truck for a new truck. It's crazy to me as much as this happens. The kicker for me is when someone traded a new truck for a new truck and got more then what they paid for the trade in. Money may not be a option but I doubt it. I know some guys in here can buy a new truck every year If they want. I won't sugar coat it, it's stupid to trade a new one for a new one. The first truck I looked at was a express and I knew with in one min of opening the door it wasn't the truck for me. It is by far the best looking work truck out there. its all work truck on the inside.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish we had bought a smaller trailer then 1500 can handle. But we'll lose less trading in the truck for a 2500/3500 than trading down the trailer (if you think your truck has poor resale, buy a new trailer..).
I wouldn't have a diesel unless I had at least a dozen other vehicles first; Hemis got lotsa power. Just needs stronger bones. Too much power for its own good.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could have bought a big horn slt for the same price as my black express package. I went with the black express as it had the wheels, headlights, taillights and all the options I wanted. Granted I may have the highest optioned express truck you'll see I will keep it a long time. Stickered for 45000 and paid 33300. I'm okay with my options. I'll leave good enough alone. Up to you if it's worth the loss to trade in or sell I'm happy with my loaded express.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

I agree, I knew this was my truck when I test drove it. It was clearly setup by whoever ordered it for off road as it has tow hooks, skidplates, heavy duty tranny and engine cooling. The 3:55's are fine and the truck pulls like a tank. I added some touches to it to make it mine and I will be keeping it for a long time to come.
Op you need to decide what it is you want form your truck and then buy one that fits it. Also I agree that once you get that new truck you will be missing those touches that make it "your truck".
In any case enjoy and good luck with the search/decision.

preachp

SouthernBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hell, I've gone diesel, and back to gas. I love diesel, but its not all fun and games. Being stranded because a diesel shutdown sucks! So many little things that can cause a limp mode or shut down. Repair costs too.

Not trying to scare anyone from a diesel, bit there is much to be learned!

Yep, youre singing my song. Limp Mode sucks. Just sold my 6.7 and picked up a new 6.4 last week.

bigfoot2219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I could have bought a big horn slt for the same price as my black express package. I went with the black express as it had the wheels, headlights, taillights and all the options I wanted. Granted I may have the highest optioned express truck you'll see I will keep it a long time. Stickered for 45000 and paid 33300. I'm okay with my options. I'll leave good enough alone. Up to you if it's worth the loss to trade in or sell I'm happy with my loaded express.
:

I'm in a Similiar boat. My black express will be kept until the wheel well arches rust through, theres 200k on the clock and the year is 2026. I dont usually get rid of my trucks till they quit on me. It has to outlive my last chevy:favorites13: