Serv 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I recently been having this pop up on start up, stays for about 4-5 secs then is gone. No stored codes, no messages no other lights. I had the fluids changed on the driveline not but maybe 7k miles ago at the dealer. It makes me wonder if they actually did a service though cause they couldnt even diagnose a rear power window right! Anyone else had this before? 4wd does engage and feels alright, minor vibration very minor from level and CV angles..

Also, an unrelated issue is the MDS. I know many of you deactivate via tuner which I can do and I do not use it when driving around town, but on the highway it literally delays for 3 secs sometimes longer when I go to accelerate. It has the right oil, Amsoil 5w20 synthetic and Wix filter that I just did so its not that. I know some people have had issue with the hemi's cam gears which controls the MDS functionality.. Thoughts?

Trucks an 09 SLT HEMI with 90k and thorough maintenance done constantly

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What are you using to check codes?

Little Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine comes on every time I start the truck. Dealer told me it's the truck running a system check, and not to worry unless it stays on and 4wd won't engage.

No clue about the MDS.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Mine comes on every time I start the truck. Dealer told me it's the truck running a system check, and not to worry unless it stays on and 4wd won't engage.

No clue about the MDS.

Didn't catch that he said it only goes on for a few seconds then turns off. All the warning lights come on for a few seconds when the truck starts, it's basically a bulb check.