Set Theme reverting Back to Stock....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi Guys,
This is pretty annoying. Every time I set a theme it will last a short time and then just go back to the stock display. It usually happens after a few cycles of the ignition. Funny thing is the instrument cluster will revert back but the 8.4'' U Connect will retain the set theme. For eg, the set blue theme will change on the dash but the 8.4' display will display the blue them. Any of you guys experiencing this. There is no update for the U Connect system.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
That's exactly what mine does. It's been a known issue since the '19s started rolling out. FCA has been "working" on a software update since winter and promised it this past spring. Currently the update is still pending.

I just had my truck in for the airbag recall (V71) and checked on the update...still not out yet. My service writer told me the new estimate is 3rd quarter this year (July - September) which we are almost half way through. :(

At least it's more annoyance and inconvenience than a driveability issue.

OP
OP
OrionR5

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's exactly what mine does. It's been a known issue since the '19s started rolling out. FCA has been "working" on a software update since winter and promised it this past spring. Currently the update is still pending.

I just had my truck in for the airbag recall (V71) and checked on the update...still not out yet. My service writer told me the new estimate is 3rd quarter this year (July - September) which we are almost half way through. :(

At least it's more annoyance and inconvenience than a driveability issue.

Agreed. It is rather annoying but at least it's not effecting the drive ability of the truck. I too keep checking the Uconnect website if an update is available. Will just have to be patient and wait for it to come out. Thanks for your response.
Cheers.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you have to have the NAV unit (uConnect 4C) or not but if you have them the are in the Display section of settings. It would be the 4th option down on the list under the Auto/Manual dash brightness for headlights on/off (and the two brightness options).