Shock not in rubber bushing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilligaf-23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking over my truck and saw the bottom of my front shock has slid off the rubber bushing. What would cause this? is the shock bad now? would this cause issues?

Attachments

• shock 1.png
    shock 1.png
    866.3 KB · Views: 22

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at the scrape mark on the bottom, it appears to have met a road hazard, which pushed it off center.

I would spray the bushing with silicone lube and use a pry bar to see if it will re-center.

You may get some clunking or rattling if it stays in direct contact with the A arm.

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking over my truck and saw the bottom of my front shock has slid off the rubber bushing. What would cause this? is the shock bad now? would this cause issues?
I have noticed that scenario with my Bilstein shocks. They slide out of the middle and are deformed. At least Bilstein sells replacement bushings. Installation, thats another matter. I drop them off to a local transmission shop and he lubes them up and puts them in with a press.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I drop them off to a local transmission shop and he lubes them up and puts them in with a press.

:waytogo: There's a youtube video or two on pressing bushings on with a press.