Should i get a pedal commander?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jake4401

jake4401

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
No doubt an expert here
Problem is you have no clue what you're talking about. No matter how fast you smash your foot the throttle body will take longer to completely open. The pedal commander makes the throttle open 1:1 ratio ( or maybe better). Drive a truck with one before you comment on it. :rolleyes:

^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mason mank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pro tip-

If you cross your legs and use your left foot for the throttle and use your right foot for braking you can eliminate most if not all lag until you get can get a peddle commander to supplement. Your welcome!

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
also for what its worth, I sold it after a few months.....1. because I wanted the money and 2. because to me it made it too sensitive.

That's pretty much what I ran into. Sport mode was unusable for me, city mode didn't seem that different. It Spent a lot of time off, now it's been in Eco -4 for a few months. All in all, way too much $$ for the use to me.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I like mine and to be honest--I've spent a lot more money on stuff that has provided a lot less fun. I've only got one person to make happy---ME. At least I didn't buy a throttle spacer----LOL
Jay

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pro tip-

If you cross your legs and use your left foot for the throttle and use your right foot for braking you can eliminate most if not all lag until you get can get a peddle commander to supplement. Your welcome!

one of the worst pro tips ive ever heard....and no its not the same

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Pro tip-

How stupid can you be to give advice like that. Damn what a *******

- The Blue Mule

mason mank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pro tip-

Was actually meant to be completely sarcastic. Its good to see this forum also has its fair share of internet tough guy warriors who know best. I bow down to your greatness.

mason mank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok guys let’s try to not get into internet ******* matches. Unfortunately sarcasm doesn’t translate in written form easily.

Can’t we all just get along!!!!!!

My apologies. Yes lets carry on
Ok guys let’s try to not get into internet ******* matches. Unfortunately sarcasm doesn’t translate in written form easily.

Can’t we all just get along!!!!!!

Valid point. My apologies. Yes lets carry on.

TheBluePitPop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have it. Love it.

Was slightly skeptical after reading some threads where a few people weren’t too high on them, but after having one myself now I can say that I love it.

2017 Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L Night Edition
Pedal Commander
S&B Cold Air Intake
Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust

pjs386

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely you should get a Pedal Commander. It makes a world of difference in performance. And you won't be sorry. Of the PC problems that seem to come up here occasionally, the Bluetooth model is usually to blame. Get the standard plugin model.

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque Hemi
I like the idea of it. Dumb question though, what does it do to your gas mileage? Obviously, it is driving habit dependent. But is there any other adverse effect on gas mileage? I already don't get the advertised mileage.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I've had mine in my ecodiesel for about 6 months and I love it, makes a big difference in the throttle lag

Ronnie Broadway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably because most of them know how they operate and can do the same thing with their right foot on the stock pedal.
Wrong, I installed mine and in sport mode you better be prepared for your head to hit the headrest cuz it will..

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk