[SOLVED] Help with air conditioning problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
So my AC has been having intermittent problems. Fan/blower turns on at times on demand, other times it won’t. AC and side view mirror defroster lights come on without fail.

Pulled the AC controller, from inside the cab, off to check power to the connectors. Had power to all but the black/green wire on the fan/blower connector - no sure if that’s power out wire.

Went back later to check and had no power to any of the wires on that same connector.

Anyone know which fuse or relay to check for the AC fan/blower? Couldn’t get a good feel for that when checking my fuse box schematic.

Anything else I should check?

2004 Dodge Ram 2500, Hemi.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
usocazy

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
So I had a couple of buddies at work check out all of my fuses and relays, everything checked out.

One of my buddies did some googling and found the follow write up:

Ignition switch & AC issue:
https://sparkys-answers.com/2011/09/2003-dodge-2500-pickup-blower-not.html

In that article, the guy has some AC issues that points to a bad ignition switch.

I was very skeptical but we started with replacing the blower motor resistor - still no AC.

Next we moved on to the ignition switch - got this part at O’Reilly’s:
4a96a2a747297876406c2359ff963380.jpg

And here are pics of what I found once we got the old one out - right top and bottom pins are scarred:
0211aa6c4b8ad6f5ceca08b82e9f7221.jpg

Closer view of scarred pins:
48557b42f731e818b954a080d632a130.jpg

Popped the new one in, reassembled and instant cold AC again!!!!

It also solved my enduring problem of the blower/fan always remaining on after turning off the truck if the fan was left in any “on” setting. I’ve had that problem since I’ve owned the truck (over 8 years now) but always just remembered to turn the fan off.

Hope this helps others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks for the update , I am sure it will help someone :)

Steedrock2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
I'm having same problems Im going to change out hope it does same for me it has killed my batteries by staying on when i have forgot to turn of fan switch