Sport / Outdoorsman Suspension on a Big Horn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TDevil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I love my 2014 1500 to no end but my one regret is not getting the 3:92 rear end.
I have a friend about to trade his 2012 Tundra for a 2015 Ram after seeing mine. He drove a Big Horn, Outdoorsman and Sport (Black Out) all with the same 5.7L Hemi / 8spd Auto / 3:92 rear end (all Quad cab)
The Outdoorsman and Sport had more pickup and handled much better than the Big Horn. I know they have different suspensions than the BH, but couldn't explain the difference in acceleration otherwise.

But, the Outdoorsman doesn't have 4WD Auto, and he doesn't like the color matched bumpers of the Sport. So:

Is it possible to get at least the suspension / ride of the Outdoorsman and Sport on a Big Horn? (aftermarket is acceptable to a point, depending on $$)
Would new shocks do the trick (I know people swear by aftermarket shocks for a better ride) or is there more to it?

I really don't understand the difference in acceleration between the 3, but I will say it was noticeable. So I don't know if that has anything to do with the suspension (I don't see how) but if there is some other gearing / mechanical difference I'd love to know what it is.
Thanks!

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only mechanical difference is gears. Suspension is identical, unless they had air suspension. The outdoorsman just adds stuff like skid plates and tow hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My outdoorsman build sheet stated "extra heavy duty shocks" instead of just "heavy duty".
The shocks are red on mine. It rides stiffer than the big horn in my opinion.

The outdoorsman doesn't come with the ****** transfer case also.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Love love love my ****** transfer case it's one of the only good things on my crappy 15 sport lol,4wd auto works like a dream.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firefox9