Sprint iPhone 6 and Alpine 8.4 AN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ever since getting the new iPhone 6, I get the error message 'network not available' when attempting to make an outgoing call. Mind you, the radio does see the phone in the list of phones and it does say it is connected. Had it to the dealer today, and they say that they are waiting for an update from Sprint and Verizon to put into a future firmware, so I will have to live with it for now. Thankfully, my music still pulls from the phone just fine. Anyone else with Sprint or Verizon and a new iPhone having this issue?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
have you ever updated the software on the radio in the truck itself? i also have an iphone 6 and the 8.4an in my '13 and i have no issues.

i have only updated the radio software once and that was about a year ago. i know there have been many releases since then

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I'm not sure what version of iOS you are on but this is a common issue with the iPhone 6 and Bluetooth. The phone will "connect" but placing or answering a call will not work while streaming Bluetooth will.

"Reset All Settings" fixed the issue. Downside is that all your phone settings need to be reset as well. Not the data, just the settings.

Also, this should have noting to do with the network you are using. The phone is supplying all that info. The radio is just interacting with the phone.

OP
OP
I

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had my truck in at the dealer, and they did update the radio software. I erased and reset the phone, no difference. So my question now is, is it a radio problem or a phone problem?

Crianor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had my truck in at the dealer, and they did update the radio software. I erased and reset the phone, no difference. So my question now is, is it a radio problem or a phone problem?

I think it's a combination of both. My iPhone 5 still isn't working 100 percent since the upgrade to iOS 8.

IdahoLonghorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm having the same issue with my Verizon iPhone 5S and it seemed to coincide with the latest IOS upgrade. I have pretty much lost the ability to use the phone hands-free. When I initiate a hands-free call the console dials then says available. If you then look at the phone you see that the call is continuing but when you listen it is silent. It does make the call, you just can't hear it. An incoming call will mute the radio but will not ring through the Uconnect but you can answer the call on phone itself. I'm also having issues with the iPod feature. It may or may not work at all while plugged-in but works via Bluetooth. I just upgraded the Uconnect software for the truck but nothing has changed. I was hoping that the new iPhone 6 would cure this but apparently it won't. My truck is a 2014 Ram Longhorn 3500 and everything was working perfectly until the latest IOS upgrade. Frustrated.

OP
OP
I

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't tried my plugged in via USB, but I am experiencing the same issues as you IdahoLonghorn. Thanks for the confirmation. Sounds like it is an Apple issue. Getting them to address it is another issue altogether.

OP
OP
I

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried to make a call by finding the number on the phone and dialing it from the phone. The truck and phone now work with each other, almost. The radio doesn't recognize my call commands to the phone now. Not sure what changed, it is halfway functional now. Maybe it will all work today!

BTW, I plugged it into the USB jack and that worked as well.

OP
OP
I

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So today, I get in the truck, everything, I mean everything works. Phone calls, USB, everything. Not sure what happened here, but very happy something happened. Let's hope its working tomorrow and everyday after that!

OP
OP
I

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Held my breath after updating to iOS 8.1, but all is still working. :)