Srt-10/Chrome conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kust3mz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 dodge ram 1500
Engine
3.7 5 speed
Does anyone know if I will need any other parts besides the srt10 bumper cover to make it work on my regular 04 dodge ram with the chrome bumper or is it just plug and play so to speak,

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i'm assuming it works similar to the support bumper so there would be a support bumper and support brakcets.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You need a bumper support, and the foam piece that goes between them. The fog lights are different too I believe.
So, yes, you'll need a lot more than just the cover.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, not sure. I know you DO NOT need the bumper supports and such with the sports bumper. It just goes right over the top.

Not 100% sure on the SRT, if you are dead set on doing it why not just buy the cover and try to make it work and if it doesn't buy the needed items after.

OP
OP
kust3mz

kust3mz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 dodge ram 1500
Engine
3.7 5 speed
I just went with the street scene guys to much work involved lol

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Yeah, not sure. I know you DO NOT need the bumper supports and such with the sports bumper. It just goes right over the top.

That is not a completely true statement. While yes you can put the sport bumper cover over the chrome bumper to eliminate buying the support bumper, it does not simply goe right over top. You have to hack up the chrome bumper to make it fit.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is not a completely true statement. While yes you can put the sport bumper cover over the chrome bumper to eliminate buying the support bumper, it does not simply goe right over top. You have to hack up the chrome bumper to make it fit.

The other option (most people I have talked with go this route) you trim the sports bumper in the middle opening a little because it is covered with the black insert anyways. Then you have a perfectly fine chrome and 99% fine sports bumper. It looks exactly the same to the average person because the cuts are hidden.

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
from someone that had looked into that a few years ago...for the SRT bumper cover to fit...you must have the Sport bumper to start with. the actual metal bumper is different than the chrome one. you will need some minor nuts bolts and plastic pieces for it to fit properly.