Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacoblane216

Reaction score
Ram Year
Late 2004 / 2004 1/2
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Rumble Bee so obviously I have the sport bumper and it already had big crack in it from the abusive previous owner and now it’s even worse because I live on a nice small curvy road and surrounded by woods and some idiot who I know was mowing and had a big tree branch in his way felt the appropriate place to move it was in the middle of the road and I was driving spiritedly and came around a blind corner and hit it, anyway what I wanna ask is, is there anything extra I would need to replace my bumper cover with an srt bumper cover? From what I’ve heard and read the sport bumper and srt bumper shares the same bracketry and mounting locations as well as the same fog lights, is there any truth behind any of this? If not then let me know what extra pieces I need please and thank you in advance.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This is an OLD swap lol. People been doing this one (and the hoods) since the SRT trucks were new (which is almost 18-20 years now). Yes, same bumper support & same fog lights. You will play hell trying to find an OEM one. The brake ducts aren't a must but the bottom cover piece kinda is. A Google search will probably net you dozens (if not more) pics and write-ups from back in the day. Avoid Duraflex like the plague. A nice alternative in case you can't find one is the Street Scene: https://www.andysautosport.com/products/street_scene__950-70505.html

OP
OP
jacoblane216

jacoblane216

Reaction score
Ram Year
Late 2004 / 2004 1/2
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I thought so. I’m gonna do a srt style bumper or something similar cause I noticed they actually look like they hang lower to the road eliminating the need for a lower lip and not to mention look better in my opinion so I figured I’d just bite the bullet and get one instead of having to buy another sport bumper then on top of that the expensive lower lip. What’s so bad about the Duraflex replicas cause I personally don’t like the street scene options, they look like the gtx or something out of need for speed underground and even though I’m young I’ve always been more into classic looks growing up around nothing but mopars, and what about the ait brand srt bumpers I keep seeing on carid.com? I know I hear all sorts of terrible stuff about that place. The cheapness is just so luring but factory or sarona is probably the best way to go right?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OEM is best, they're urethane. All the aftermarket ones I have seen are fiberglass and generally poor quality and ill fitting. They require quite a bit of work to fit properly and look right. The SRT bumper does hang lower, it was designed to help a 4800+ pound barn door hit 150+ mph lol. You won't find another OEM lip unless you stumble across a used one for sale. That is why some people gravitate to the street scene, it's urethane like OEM and kinda has the lip built into it. The street scene has been around almost as long as the 3rd gen Ram has.

OP
OP
jacoblane216

jacoblane216

Reaction score
Ram Year
Late 2004 / 2004 1/2
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sarona has been around a while too I believe they were the first ones to make an aftermarket replacement for pretty much all the different oem kits, they’re fiberglass though I think but the good thick stuff. I’ll probably just try to find an oem srt that has slight damage or something and fix it myself or get my buddy that restores mopars for a living make an aftermarket one fit like it should. I could have had my hands on an entire srt truck a while back that had been totaled for 8k. Still kick myself over not getting it, the motor and trans now is worth more than that.