Stereo Power on-off, 8.4 U connect system....2015 Ram R/T 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davethewave911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
HELP......I just purchased a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport....R/T. It has the top of the line 8.4 U Connect system.....the question is, HOW DO YOU POWER ON-OFF the stereo ?????? sounds simple, right???? Well even the tech at my local Ram dealership can't figure it out. Everything works as it should on the screen. Touch the applicable APP, the system changes.....Nav, Apps, Climate etc....touch the radio tower app, it goes to radio with it on. But I simply want to turn the radio off from there. Push the knob, the muted feature silences the stereo....push it again, you have sound. But how do you simply turn the radio off, and go to a black screen.......powering off the entire unit????? No One knows! so as it sits, you can't turn the radio actually off. Push the "Black Screen" button, sure it goes dark....but the stereo is still powered on. Seems simple, I've spent an hour pusching every darn button.....so has a tech.....I have read the manual overt and over.....and on a 8.4 U connect Nav system, there is NO indication of a power on-off button. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER ?????? Thx.