2019 Ram Classic U-Connect 8.4"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbondar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good afternoon.

I'm having problems with my Ram U-connect 8.4" and I've tried every internet suggestion i could find. I was wondering if anyone had something I missed before I pull the trigger and buy a new unit.

Situation is a black dead screen.
When shifting to reverse the screen lights up but there is no image from the camera. Out of reverse it goes back to dead.
All the buttons on my physical dash appear to work however some of the lights such as A/C don't go on anymore.
When I start the truck I can hear the unit make noise as always, like loading a CD back in the day.

Here's what I've tried...
1) Disconnect both battery terminals for 12 hours
2) Soft reset holding down the volume and tune buttons
3) Pulled every fuse in the box as well as the main radio fuse that's not in the box (the one on the drivers side infront of the firewall)
4) Checked the backup camera wires to make sure nothing was pinched

Outside of those steps, I can't find any additional steps to take. I don't want to drop $2K on a new unit if it could be something else.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
It's regretful to hear about your Uconnect screen. We'd be more than happy to help resolve this concern. Please send us a private message with more details of what you're experiencing, so we can further assist you.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat