Stop Start/Not Ready message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Creditcardguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
My 2023 1500 is about a month old with 2100 miles on it. Just realized the stop/start feature has never worked. On the dash it says “stop/start not ready”. Guess I need to take it in for repair?

I would like this to work, and be able to turn it off manually if I want to.

Thanks

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2023 1500 is about a month old with 2100 miles on it. Just realized the stop/start feature has never worked. On the dash it says “stop/start not ready”. Guess I need to take it in for repair?

I would like this to work, and be able to turn it off manually if I want to.

Thanks
What is a "stop/start" feature?

OP
OP
C

Creditcardguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
It’s the etorque system that’s supposed to turn off the engine when coming to a stop or going downhill. I think.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It’s the etorque system that’s supposed to turn off the engine when coming to a stop or going downhill. I think.
Wouldn't that be really hard on the starter, doing that 100 times a day?

OP
OP
C

Creditcardguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Nevermind I think it’s normal. It apparently only works when the a/c is off. That won’t be often in Louisiana.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wouldn't that be really hard on the starter, doing that 100 times a day?
When truck operating in start/stop system enables, ie., working (not turned off), starter does not restart truck, the 48V battery system and MGU turns to start truck, allegedly seamless. Starter only starts truck initially, the MGU and hybrid system does all the other stuff).

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When truck operating in start/stop system enables, ie., working (not turned off), starter does not restart truck, the 48V battery system and MGU turns to start truck, allegedly seamless. Starter only starts truck initially, the MGU and hybrid system does all the other stuff).
Until it goes out lol. Our 19 Pacifica lost that 48v system crap. When it goes it takes the the whole vehicle down with it. I have never left any of them on. It can just randomly happen.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Until it goes out lol. Our 19 Pacifica lost that 48v system crap. When it goes it takes the the whole vehicle down with it. I have never left any of them on. It can just randomly happen.
YUP, why I got the tried and true VVT motor w/o dat E junkola, but that is my Opinion as I know a lot of people got newer trucks with the systems and like it. Not fer dis BOIRD, just my situation and likes/dislikes.

Why they make Gorilla Glue, to glue the wheels back on, lmao. :33::anitoof:

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
I was on the fence whether to get the VVT hemi or the etorque. Chose the etorque but now hearing “if” there’s a problem with the 48V system, and the whole vehicle is put out of service, now I wish I had the VVT!
Also thought this etorque may be better on mileage but that wish didn’t come true either! 3 former 4th gen hemis all beat this!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was on the fence whether to get the VVT hemi or the etorque. Chose the etorque but now hearing “if” there’s a problem with the 48V system, and the whole vehicle is put out of service, now I wish I had the VVT!
Also thought this etorque may be better on mileage but that wish didn’t come true either! 3 former 4th gen hemis all beat this!
Not gonna say bad, good or whatever. Most important thing for the 48V stuff, is keep an eye on the back window, headliner etc.,. to watch for any possible leaks. There have been more than a couple issues where there were leaks that got on the 48V system behind rear seat and caused problems.