Stuck hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I removed the bed, because when the Ram was ordered, no one had any idea, what the color Delmonico Red actually looked like.
When the truck showed up & i saw it in a certain light, all i saw Maroon

1695782624500.png
I had a 1962 Ford in 1966, that was Maroon & i hated that cars color.
The Ram looked like a dark cherry in the sun light, could have lived with it.

1695783057409.png

I had tried to order body colored Sport type bumpers, but they could not be had with the Eco-diesel engine.
So change was the new plan

1695783383487.png
1695783458860.png

1695783550003.png
1695783624092.png

1695783795033.png

1695784022375.png

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a gas cap , that I think is the way it should be, but have no clue on the newer capless, sounds silly.
I have a gas generator and was wondering about sucking gas out of the truck for it, I have a couple suction pumps, with 3/8" plastic hose, But no way could I get the hoes down to the tank, there is something in there to stop that, I coil spring I think some one said.
The Honda CRV was the same , could not get a hose down to tank.
So I don't think a lock is needed, usually I think they just cut a hole in the plastic tank
Real easy with all the guys that lift their trucks.
AHhhhhh, suh, no sucking fuel outta ride, bad idea.

IN MY SITUATION:
I have (3) 5 gallon gas cans in my garage and I insure at least 2 are filled all times. I rotate the cans, as they R used for my riding mower. They are also my backup for my portable generator if we have an extended outage and I run out of fuel for my whole house system. When we had the big 4-5 day outage in Feb 2021, my problem was not running genny, was finding fuel as most of the town had no power, ie., no fuel availability and the 2 stations that had some power could not get any delivery due to roads. It was a daily struggle to get enuf fuel to run my portable genny. (before I got whole house unit).

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
On RAMs since the mid 80s they've been plastic. Around the time fuel injection (TBI) came about.
My previous truck was a 2000 Silverado 1500 4x4, bought in Oct 1999. It had a steel tank. I know because I banged my head on it enough times over the years crawling around under there. :banghead:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
AHhhhhh, suh, no sucking fuel outta ride, bad idea.

IN MY SITUATION:
I have (3) 5 gallon gas cans in my garage and I insure at least 2 are filled all times. I rotate the cans, as they R used for my riding mower. They are also my backup for my portable generator if we have an extended outage and I run out of fuel for my whole house system. When we had the big 4-5 day outage in Feb 2021, my problem was not running genny, was finding fuel as most of the town had no power, ie., no fuel availability and the 2 stations that had some power could not get any delivery due to roads. It was a daily struggle to get enuf fuel to run my portable genny. (before I got whole house unit).
I do the same thing. I have a 6500w/8250w portable genny and an emergency transfer switch for those extended outages. The genny isn't big enough to power the whole house so the ETS has about half the house connected, all the important stuff - fireplace blower, beer fridge, bathroom, beer fridge, living room (TV, lights, etc.), office (phone, computer, etc.), beer fridge, kitchen (fridge, lights, etc.), and my beer fridge.

I keep the genny full (6 gals.), and 3 cans of gas for it and swap them out every 6 months. Pour the older gas in the vehicles and fill up with fresh and add Sta-Bil. I can get about 9 hours of run-time on 1 tank, so about 35 hours of total run-time. If the power is out for a couple days - which has happened a couple times - I usually run the genny for 3 hours then rest it for 30-60 minutes. That adds about 3 extra hours per tank.

Last edited:

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do the same thing. I have a 6500w/8250w portable genny and an emergency transfer switch for those extended outages. The genny isn't big enough to power the whole house so the ETS has about half the house connected, all the important stuff - fireplace blower, beer fridge, bathroom, beer fridge, living room (TV, lights, etc.), office (phone, computer, etc.), beer fridge, kitchen (fridge, lights, etc.), and my beer fridge.

I keep the genny full (6 gals.), and 3 cans of gas for it and swap them out every 6 months. Pour the older gas in the vehicles and fill up with fresh and add Sta-Bil. I can get about 9 hours of run-time on 1 tank, so about 35 hours of total run-time. If the power is out for a couple days - which had happened a couple times - I usually run the genny for 3 hours then rest it for 30-60 minutes. That adds about 3 extra hours per tank.
Well, at least you have your beer fridges covered!!! Haha

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, at least you have your beer fridges covered!!! Haha
Me thinks Gotta Keep the Brewskis Cold. Probably drinks that Molson or Labatt stuff. Reminds me of Milwaukee's Best, lmao.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Me thinks Gotta Keep the Brewskis Cold. Probably drinks that Molson or Labatt stuff. Reminds me of Milwaukee's Best, lmao.
You must be psychic. I don't think I've ever had a Molson or Labatt, but I do drink Milwaukee's Best Light, Natural Light, or Keystone Light - whichever is the cheapest that day. :cool:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You must be psychic. I don't think I've ever had a Molson or Labatt, but I do drink Milwaukee's Best Light, Natural Light, or Keystone Light - whichever is the cheapest that day. :cool:
Not psychotic, maybe schizophrenic, lmao. My wife drank that stuff.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
LOL
I recall back in the '60s & early 70's
I drank Buckhorn Beer, many of my friends drank

RED Dog 50 / 50 , i don't do wine of any kind

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
My favourite American beer was always Olympia. Have not seen it for sale anywhere the last few times I was down there.

Comparing Molson Canadian or Labatts Blue to any commercially made American beer doesn't really work. Entirely different flavour profiles.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
LOL
I recall back in the '60s & early 70's
I drank Buckhorn Beer, many of my friends drank
Red Dog 50 / 50 , i don't do wine of any kind
I haven't seen a Buckhorn beer in probably 40 years. And I think you meant Mad Dog 20/20. I never drank that, or any wine, either, but the winos liked it.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My favourite American beer was always Olympia. Have not seen it for sale anywhere the last few times I was down there.

Comparing Molson Canadian or Labatts Blue to any commercially made American beer doesn't really work. Entirely different flavour profiles.
Olympia Beer was originally brewed in Tumwater, Washington -- which borders Olympia, Washington. In 1999, Pabst Brewing Company acquired the brand, and then shut down the Olympia-based brewery in 2003 and then was brewed in various location across the country. Sadly, Olympia beer is no longer brewed anywhere. The company shut it down in 2021.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NO,

the Factory does not expect you to use a FUEL ADDITIVE. The funnel is used when: Under an unknown reason/circumstance, an FCA customer operating his FCA vehicle which has a capless system manages to RUN out of gas. U put this funnel in the tank at the cap, and then pour the fuel from the "can" into the gas tank using this funnel,. THIS prevents the "Stuck" "Hose" issue this thread is addressing.
Roger That! Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat