Stuck hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Hantoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a small fuel hose stuck in the gas tank of my 2019 ram. I needed to empty a small fuel tank and just stuffed it in. The end of the hose has a small lip which seems to be keeping it stuck. It is only about 4 inched inside, When I open the little flap, there seems to be another piece holding it from coming back out. The dealer wants $350.00 to repair. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? It also looks like the post 2019 rams are different from previous years.

Thanks, Dave

Attachments

• stuckhose.jpg
    stuckhose.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 14

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Take the little funnel that comes with the late model trucks and slide it down over the hose to hold open the various flaps. Then gently pull the hose up through the funnel. The funnel should be in with your jack and lug wrench.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take the little funnel that comes with the late model trucks and slide it down over the hose to hold open the various flaps. Then gently pull the hose up through the funnel.
DEAN, how far down is that second flap? Could OP get away with long skinny flat, pushing second flap down as he slides the hose slightly further down, till it clears where the 2nd flap will open, then pull hose very slowly out? He probably got that second flap pulled up and wedged on the hose. I just haven't played around with these systems to have a clear picture in BOIRD brain, lol.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
DEAN, how far down is that second flap? Could OP get away with long skinny flat, pushing second flap down as he slides the hose slightly further down, till it clears where the 2nd flap will open, then pull hose very slowly out?
Friend did the same on his Cherokee. Never tried anything but the funnel to fix it so no idea. I do know the new fillers are pretty delicate so I wouldn't be jacking around with long screwdrivers and the like if I could possibly avoid it.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Friend did the same on his Cherokee. Never tried anything but the funnel to fix it so no idea. I do know the new fillers are pretty delicate so I wouldn't be jacking around with long screwdrivers and the like if I could possibly avoid it.
All I could think of, unless you start taking things apart, and that may require dropping tank, which is probably why dealership wants $350.00.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Take the little funnel that comes with the late model trucks and slide it down over the hose to hold open the various flaps. Then gently pull the hose up through the funnel. The funnel should be in with your jack and lug wrench.
What funnel?

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What funnel?
The one is you have a capless system, that comes with the truck, normally stored with jack, where if U have a capless system, in order to put fuel/additive in the tank, U have to use that funnel to gain access.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
2500 and 3500 has no little funnel. Only applies to the ones with no gas cap. To add fuel from jerry can or additives, you need to use the funnel. On Cherokees they are with you spare tire. 1500s they are with the jack.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The one is you have a capless system, that comes with the truck, normally stored with jack, where if U have a capless system, in order to put fuel/additive in the tank, U have to use that funnel to gain access.
Nope, ain't got that neither. Just a cap with a hole/pipe under it. Not even a little flap to keep debris out.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I had a 3/4" hose stuck in my filler neck

I have a few wooden dowels of different diameters

I shoved a dowel down along side of the hose, with a little maneuvering, i got the plastic hose out

If the wood rod had been made of slipperier plastic, it would have come out easier

IF you can't pull something out of the filler neck ..

Remove the drivers side rear tire
Then remove the plastic inner fender
disconnect the filler neck from the fuel tank

There should not be anything that would stop you from pushing the object out.

I have not researched the 5th Gen Ram filler necks though

this is my eco-diesel fill neck

1695154213757.png

TRK_GANG74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2500 and 3500 has no little funnel. Only applies to the ones with no gas cap. To add fuel from jerry can or additives, you need to use the funnel. On Cherokees they are with you spare tire. 1500s they are with the jack.
Open the front passenger door and look down where the seat bolts to the truck. The is a cover there that pulls off and the jack and funnel should be there behind that cover.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, ain't got that neither. Just a cap with a hole/pipe under it. Not even a little flap to keep debris out.
If you have the ole gas cap, I would have a locking cap on there, but that is just me.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was not sure whether or not they finally got around to doing capless on the gas 2500's yet?

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not as of yet.
Kinda surprised FCA not doing it. Must be "more" profitable to stay with the gas cap vs capless, as we all know how much FCA pinches those pennies.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting.....the factory expects us to use a fuel additive??

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Every toolbox should have a couple of coat hangers.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NO,
Interesting.....the factory expects us to use a fuel additive??
the Factory does not expect you to use a FUEL ADDITIVE. The funnel is used when: Under an unknown reason/circumstance, an FCA customer operating his FCA vehicle which has a capless system manages to RUN out of gas. U put this funnel in the tank at the cap, and then pour the fuel from the "can" into the gas tank using this funnel,. THIS prevents the "Stuck" "Hose" issue this thread is addressing.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
That's probably a good idea.
I have a gas cap , that I think is the way it should be, but have no clue on the newer capless, sounds silly.
I have a gas generator and was wondering about sucking gas out of the truck for it, I have a couple suction pumps, with 3/8" plastic hose, But no way could I get the hoes down to the tank, there is something in there to stop that, I coil spring I think some one said.
The Honda CRV was the same , could not get a hose down to tank.
So I don't think a lock is needed, usually I think they just cut a hole in the plastic tank
Real easy with all the guys that lift their trucks.

Last edited: