Stuck in The vortex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Like others have said, the refi is probably your best bet, worth the effort to at least have the extra funds go to the principal. Or sell and buy a cheap car for a while. I got divorced 4 years ago and have bought/sold a few cars since, lost on a couple and got tired of juggling money or losing and nothing lasting. I paid 8k cash for a loaded, older Fusion to daily. It's been fantastic-comfortable, great options, great fuel mileage. It's helped me save a ton of money over the last year or so. Now I'm finally in a position to comfortably buy another truck, but am looking at used stuff ~30k. I took out a car loan through my bank (Lightstream, by Suntrust), it's not a good time for interest rates but with a used truck, the payment is reasonable and I can throw a little extra toward it each money to pay it off early which will save money. Sometimes you have to step back and sacrifice for a while.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Anything over a "Andy Jackson" is a lot to me, LOL. Which is why, at this stage in my life, I do not carry any credit over, except for Major House Improvement, ie., Genny System, and I am paying 900% over the minimum payment till paid off. Unfortunately, next major windows, and they will put me right back behind the ole 8 ball, LOL.

ADDED: Bought my 2019 (early in Aug. 18). Traded in ED, threw out CC, paid difference after rebates and drove out of dealership owning truck, just how I am now.
I went to the Dealership. Told them the Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 4X4, 5.7 Hemi, non e-torched, 8 speed, 3.92 gears, 6.4 box.
They had one. Drove it, got a price. F&I guy tells me they got 2.9% going on, hell yeah.

Do you want to know the payment?

Nope. Know what I paid, the Rate and number of months. Payment is what it is.

Unlike the 0% I got on the Wife's Ford, I will not make one payment,
get miffed about making payments, again, then pay it off.

This one is going the full 2.9% distance.

I blame the Ford Fiasco, on the Morphine they had me on, at the time.
Give up ZERO PERENTACGE INTEREST?

WTFH?

I truly was on Dope and completely out of my head.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Wrong THread