Sudden unintended acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smpe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a Dodge Ram 1500 2022 model from a Chrysler dealer in BC Canada in December 2022. In January 2023 I was parking behind another vehicle. I was pulling up very slowly about ten feet away from the car ahead of me. Suddenly, without warning, the truck accelerated full force. I stood on the brake, but could not avoid hitting the car ahead of me. A week later the same thing happened, but I managed to stop in time. I contacted a Chrysler dealer in a city in Lower Mainland and told them what had happened. I was firmly told that their instruments could not detect any faults. They refused to deal with the issue and turned me away. A tow truck driver told me recently that Dodge trucks are the worst on the market the last three years. I advise against buying the newer models. They might be dangerous, and the dealers pretend not to know about this issue.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

Both Transport Canada and NHSTA concluded it was operator error. However, the damage was already done. If you truly believe the vehicle accelerated on its own twice, you should open a case with Transport Canada. A single data point and an off-hand comment by a tow truck driver hardly seem like conclusive evidence.

OP
OP
S

smpe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Both Transport Canada and NHSTA concluded it was operator error. However, the damage was already done. If you truly believe the vehicle accelerated on its own twice, you should open a case with Transport Canada. A single data point and an off-hand comment by a tow truck driver hardly seem like conclusive evidence.
The tow truck driver is of course not conclusive evidence, but has experience with different makes. My evidence is having this unfortunate experience twice in a week, and before you ask: The floor mat was not interfering with the pedals. It is frustrating not to be taken seriously when this issue could cause loss of life.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
A source told me that you hit the car in front of you, then made up a cover story.

Someone else said it’s just trolling, and nothing happened.

Perhaps none of that is true. You see the problem?

Pictures of the accident and the dealer repair order would go a long way toward providing some credibility.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The tow truck driver is of course not conclusive evidence, but has experience with different makes. My evidence is having this unfortunate experience twice in a week, and before you ask: The floor mat was not interfering with the pedals. It is frustrating not to be taken seriously when this issue could cause loss of life.
I wasn’t trying to be unserious. I suggested opening a case with Transport Canada. They would be the authority to conduct an in-depth unbiased scientific investigation.

I was simply pointing out that previously hundreds of people complained of SUA in the past. Hundreds swore the vehicle just accelerated on its own and the brakes couldn’t stop it. Multiple investigations and suits. In the end it was operator error.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Get ahold of Global BC,and see if they'll do a news article on it.If you can get on TV with the issue Stellentsis will be bending over backwards to rectify the issue