Sunshade for 2014 ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am looking for a sunshade for my 2014 Ram 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi, on amazon and other places many complained that it is shorter than the windshield length. I would like to get your guys opinion and recommendation, it is much warmer now and I would like to get a sunshade that works and prevents my truck from being so hot as well as protecting the dash from being faded. Thank you.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I second the Covercraft sunshade, have them for all my cars and makes a huge difference.

OP
OP
H

Hattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks guys I got one ordered and cant wait to see how well it works on keeping my truck cooler.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Thanks guys I got one ordered and cant wait to see how well it works on keeping my truck cooler.
If you don’t already, might want to give tinted windows a look as well. The combination protects and keeps the interior temps down a lot.

Window shade will only help if the Ram is facing into the sun :waytogo:

As an added feature…… makes it look Bad ass too :waytogo::waytogo:

OP
OP
H

Hattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you don’t already, might want to give tinted windows a look as well. The combination protects and keeps the interior temps down a lot.

Window shade will only help if the Ram is facing into the sun :waytogo:

As an added feature…… makes it look Bad ass too :waytogo::waytogo:
Yup that’s definitely something I’m doing just bummed out that my tint appointment is not until next month since they’re fully booked this month but I’m getting a 20% on both front windows and a windshield strip hopefully it’ll match the factory tint on back windows. I’m in ohio and they’re a pain with window tints, if I have 35% on front of windows I could get fined so windshield tint is definitely something I can’t do other than the strip which is legal so I’ll see how 20% will work out for me lol.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Yup that’s definitely something I’m doing just bummed out that my tint appointment is not until next month since they’re fully booked this month but I’m getting a 20% on both front windows and a windshield strip hopefully it’ll match the factory tint on back windows. I’m in ohio and they’re a pain with window tints, if I have 35% on front of windows I could get fined so windshield tint is definitely something I can’t do other than the strip which is legal so I’ll see how 20% will work out for me lol.
Post some pics after you get it, before & afters :waytogo:

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Factory back glass is just color in the glass, not really tint. I think most of us do darker on the front and lighter on the back overtop of the factory shading so the front and back match, or to keep the rear slightly darker for appearance of not being too dark.

Davidloveshishemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
For everyone who thinks you don't need to protect your dash. If you don't use a something in the windshield your dash will look like a bag of doritos in 3-4 years. Doesn't matter what model Ram you have. Been going on since the early 2000`s.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Carhart covershade. Was in my 2014 and now in my 2018. fit is great and has lasted years of summer abuse.

OP
OP
H

Hattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Factory back glass is just color in the glass, not really tint. I think most of us do darker on the front and lighter on the back overtop of the factory shading so the front and back match, or to keep the rear slightly darker for appearance of not being too dark.
Well, I never knew that it was just color in the glass, I will probably tint the back another time then. I will see how it will be with the front tinted first. Thank you for the new information I really appreciate it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I just went with a dash carpet

When i am working, sometimes we work with the Highway Patrol or other Law Enforcement Agency
When that happens, they check everyones vehicle for safety & legality.

I don't want to get sent home, because the tinted windows may be 1 shade too dark

1652732130783.png

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking for a sunshade for my 2014 Ram 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi, on amazon and other places many complained that it is shorter than the windshield length. I would like to get your guys opinion and recommendation, it is much warmer now and I would like to get a sunshade that works and prevents my truck from being so hot as well as protecting the dash from being faded. Thank you.
Had mine done at a tint shop